PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Software

Old 06-22-2011, 11:05 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mldixon View Post
I have Inventor and also autocadd on my inventory and I use Sketchup. If I wanted to produce a set of working production plans for a tool room I would use auto but for paperwork the sketch program is a whole lot simpler
And I mean miles and miles simpler.
I have to be honest, I think you guys who use "Sketchup" are really incredible. I just don't have it I guess, more power to you!
Old 06-24-2011, 06:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.52 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
I have to be honest, I think you guys who use "Sketchup" are really incredible. I just don't have it I guess, more power to you!
Zathros, it is a free download. The pro version adds the ability to export your designs as 3D models in various formats so you can unfold and texture in other programs. I will admit that it has a learning curve just as steep as any program you are just starting out with, but it is also very intuitive to use. You should download the free version and then go to the online warehouse and download some models and just look at them in the program to see just what can be done with this. Also some great tutorials out there on youtube.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Hi B-Manic,

Thanks for the heads up. Downloaded last night-took over 6-hours on my hi-speed connection (really slow speed lately).

Working 3-different jobs right now, but will see what it can do.

Would like to know what autodesk means by the "partnered" options...

Best regards,
Mike Bauer
Old 06-25-2011, 04:09 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbauer View Post
Hi B-Manic,

Thanks for the heads up. Downloaded last night-took over 6-hours on my hi-speed connection (really slow speed lately).

Working 3-different jobs right now, but will see what it can do.

Would like to know what autodesk means by the "partnered" options...

Best regards,
Mike Bauer
That is slow my one that I may have to give up soon as it is to expensive, I was shairing it with a neighbour who moved out which was handy for the speed now it is just way to much for me so when the six months are up I be off it 41.75 a month is just a bit much really but I see can they give an offer to reduce the price before I ask to cancel in case they want to keep a customer at a reduced price one thing compaines want now is customers not leaving them
Old 06-25-2011, 10:13 AM
Banned

It is all the stuff you need to customize the program. This stuff can get pretty expensive, but if you have a business that needs it, well then.

Autodesk Partner Products & Services
Google Adsense
Old 06-25-2011, 03:10 PM

Quote:
It is all the stuff you need to customize the program. This stuff can get pretty expensive, but if you have a business that needs it, well then.

Autodesk Partner Products & Services
Just checked out the program. A few short cuts from regular autocad. Biggest thing I like is the UCS it uses. Just click on a cube to get the "face" you want to work on. (ten minute spent checking things out-no real test of how it works).

Can print but, you can't unfold it to make model pieces. That looks like it is the partner expense.

Like the regular autocad more, harder to do but lots more options and control of drawing.

Best regards,
Mike Bauer
Old 06-25-2011, 03:52 PM
Banned

That was informative. Does AutoCad "proper" unfold now? There was a time it did not. (Shows how long I have been out of the loop), which was why I went to Rhino, and the fact that my wife would not let me mortgage the house. $4000 dollars for AutoCad still seems way too steep for me, for $1695, you can get Rhino3d with Flamingo/Penguin/ and Bongo included, ( Flamingo is Raytracing, Penguin is Non-Realistic Photo rendering, and Bongo is for Animating your work). I wish that was included when I purchased it, AAaargh! I have no idea how much that stuff would cost for AutoCad.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
That was informative. Does AutoCad "proper" unfold now? There was a time it did not. (Shows how long I have been out of the loop), which was why I went to Rhino, and the fact that my wife would not let me mortgage the house. $4000 dollars for AutoCad still seems way too steep for me, for $1695, you can get Rhino3d with Flamingo/Penguin/ and Bongo included, ( Flamingo is Raytracing, Penguin is Non-Realistic Photo rendering, and Bongo is for Animating your work). I wish that was included when I purchased it, AAaargh! I have no idea how much that stuff would cost for AutoCad.
Hi Zathros,

I have ACAD V2006. I read that with the 2007 version, it would unfold models for printing.

2006 ACAD does animation.

Raster Design can do the tracing.

$1695 for a whole package isn't too bad.

Tried to use an early version of Skecthup. Didn't like it so much. Probably allot more user friendly and powerful by now. Been planning to try a newer version.

Mike
Old 06-25-2011, 09:10 PM
Banned

I have a feeling that very shortly, Sketchup will probably start doing everything most of these pay for programs do. I think eventually they will start charging for this, maybe not, but I doubt it. Even if it is rather low, they could make a bundle.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
SketchUp being charging their Pro version. The new Pro 8 for $495.
Google Adsense