PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Software

Old 09-25-2012, 07:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Combining Pages

Sorry Guy's
another stupid question, Can't find an answer in the FAQ,

Is it possible to combine two (or more) images together to make one whole image? example below
Attached Thumbnails
Combining Pages-10.jpg   Combining Pages-11.jpg   Combining Pages-67.jpg   Combining Pages-68.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 09-25-2012, 08:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
Adobe Photoshop or Photoshop Elements.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:31 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Or look for specific photo stitching programs

Microsoft ICE is one, there are others
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 09-25-2012, 08:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 7.44 MB
Or try GIMP (Gnu Image Manipulation Program), it's almost as powerful as Photoshop and doesn't cost anything...
Old 09-25-2012, 08:52 AM

Thanks Guy's
Will try them all, and see which one suites

Les
Google Adsense
Old 09-25-2012, 09:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Here is the pic of the side and top stitched together using Paint Shop Pro 9 using the layers feature.
Combining Pages-titanic1.jpg

I tried to stitch the pics using ICE, Windows Live Photo Gallery, and Auto Stitch but there was not enough overlap.

The other two pics are not candidates to stitch together without some major moving around. You could create a new canvas twice the width and the same height as one of them and put them both on the same page, but they will not be a combined graphic, just two separate pages on one page.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:39 AM

Now that's what I'm talking about, Thanks SCEtoAUX,
Have never used PSP 9, or anything like it before, so dont know what you mean by "layers"
I think that I have PSP 9 somewhere on a disc, (but never used it) will have to try and find it out, and have a mess around with it
Thanks again for taken the time.
Cheers

Les
Old 09-25-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorst View Post
Or try GIMP (Gnu Image Manipulation Program), it's almost as powerful as Photoshop and doesn't cost anything...
Downloaded GIMP,
Need some advice on useing the Layer function please

Les
Old 09-25-2012, 10:07 AM

Even ms paint is able to do this (paste first pic from clipboard, then resize the canvas, paste the other pic and place it properly next to the other). The bigger problem is, that each picture from the second pair of pics is scaled differently, so you'll have to resize one or the other to fit. And since everyone mentions its favorite soft for this, I'd go for Inkscape :p
Old 09-25-2012, 10:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Layers is like if you have more than one picture and you stack them on each other. Each picture would be a different layer. In the graphics program you create layers so you can work on each layer without affecting the other layers (unless you want to, but that is something completely different).

What I did was save each of those two pictures and opened them in PSP9.
I then checked the resolution (turned out to be 96 ppi in this case) and dimensions of the pics.
Created a new canvas at 96 ppi and a little more that twice the width and a little more than the height to give some moving around room without cutting off part of the pics.
Copied the stern pic and pasted onto the new canvas as a new layer and positioned it on the left hand side.
Copied the bow pic and pasted it as a new layer on the new canvas and positioned it on the right hand side.
I then reduced the opacity of the right hand pic layer and moved it around until it lined up correctly with the left hand side then returned the opacity to the original setting. PSP9 has sliders in the layers pallete to adjust the opacity.
After that, when things looked right, the layers can be merged and the picture saved in the joined form, or can be saved in a format that will preserve the layers in case you want to go back and change something on one of the layers.

That looks like a lot of stuff, but when you perform the operation it doesn't take much time at all once you get comfortable with working with layers. One thing to keep in mind is to work with copies of the pics instead of the originals. That way if you mess up bad you will still have the originals to make copies and work on. You have to pay attention to what you are doing because it is easy to zone out and work on the originals instead of copies and wind up quite annoyed if something goes wrong.
Google Adsense