PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Software

Old 05-09-2013, 09:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 210.47 MB
I have been using the CS2 suite for over 7 years. Perhaps because I have not had the opportunity to use any of the newer Adobe products it works well for me it is fast with more features than I can use.

There have been a couple comments that CS2 will not run on the newer Windows Platforms This is not true I have on a Win 7 Machine and it is fast and stable. There are a couple of glitches but they do not affect performance. To get the program to load I had to install it in a different Win 86 folder. If any one has any problems using Win 7 Pro email me by private message and I'll find my notes on how I got it to work.

Jim Nunn
Old 05-09-2013, 11:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by richkat View Post
How is it piracy when the maker is giving it away?.......it says nothing about you needing a previous version to download it.......Rich
Yes, Adobe is giving it away. However, as it states on their website before you download it...see the bold part -> "The serial numbers provided as a part of the download may only be used by customers who legitimately purchased CS2 or Acrobat 7 and need to maintain their current use of these products."
So, if you did not purchase the product in the past, yes it is also piracy. Unless there is a press release by Adobe saying otherwise, no one other than the purchasers of CS2 in the past were meant to download this deal. The only reason that the website is accessible was because someone somewhere spilled the beans that they got an email with a link to that exact download page and released it into the internet. Try to get to that page by going through the main website, adobe.com. I can't...I haven't found it, if you do, let me know...otherwise it really was a direct link that was originally sent out to specific customers/purchasers of CS2 and it inadvertently was let out into the world wide web .

No you don't need a previous version, but it appears that Adobe is allowing download of CS2, based on the honor system, for those who in the past purchased the product and need THIS version to use their purchase without the program trying to call back to the servers (which no longer work) to be activated.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
We seemed to have jumped from Gizmodo's post about free CS2 software
directly to a "member's" page containing activation serial numbers.

The page with the serial numbers is for those who already have legit outdated CS2 software
but cannot install and activate the programs anymore
(because Adobe has removed the related activation servers).

Adobe is providing some serial numbers that will start the software
without any sort of online activation.

The idea that Adobe might be giving away an old version of CS2 is an entirely different subject.
But since they offer "trial" versions of the newer software, it seems odd that
they would want to keep distributing older versions?

Now...has anyone actually registered with Adobe
and then looked at what they are offering for free?

The activation free CS2 package (on the CS2 downloads/serials page)
should only be used by those who already have a legit copy of the same software.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Nunn View Post
I have been using the CS2 suite for over 7 years. Perhaps because I have not had the opportunity to use any of the newer Adobe products it works well for me it is fast with more features than I can use.

There have been a couple comments that CS2 will not run on the newer Windows Platforms This is not true I have on a Win 7 Machine and it is fast and stable. There are a couple of glitches but they do not affect performance. To get the program to load I had to install it in a different Win 86 folder. If any one has any problems using Win 7 Pro email me by private message and I'll find my notes on how I got it to work.

Jim Nunn

This issue had been raised with many software installations (since Win7 was introduced).
I had heard many complaints of programs not working and I was worried
about what programs (of mine) would work when I installed 7.

To date, I have installed every single program I have ever used on the PC
and not found a single program that wouldn't work*.

Granted, I am in the habit of making programs run "as Administrator" and
in "compatible modes", so maybe I have avoided any conflicts that way,
but it seems like Win7 is the best Windows so far.

*except for one. I can't get Redneck Rampage to work. Its a Win95 compatible game.
I couldn't get it to work on XP either.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 359.93 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdave View Post
...but it seems like Win7 is the best Windows so far...
Agreed on that. XP set the bar, then came the disaster that was Vista. Win7 works really well, I've had very few issues with it. Jury is still out in Win8...

Niki
Google Adsense
Old 05-10-2013, 07:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdave View Post
Now...has anyone actually registered with Adobe
and then looked at what they are offering for free?
I'm registered with Adobe for all the products I've purchased over the years....but you don't need to register to see what they offer free. Just go up top on Adobe.com and click Download, it takes you to their download page....which is just trials of all their current products.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Wow! What a kerfuffle! My apologies for starting this discussion.
Let's clear something up. I, just now (15:19pm May10, 2013) got off the telephone with Adobe Customer Care on Preston street here in Ottawa. The gent informed me that these products should have been taken down however, since they are still up and available from Adobe themselves, it is not considered piracy to download these products and to use them for as long as one wishes (regardless of being a past or current user of these products). He said thank you very much for my concern and honesty and wishes everyone was so open. If the products were obtained anywhere else other than from Adobe, then it would be illegal. I hope this puts the subject to rest.
Ron
Old 05-10-2013, 03:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Turner View Post
Yes, Adobe is giving it away. However, as it states on their website before you download it...see the bold part -> "The serial numbers provided as a part of the download may only be used by customers who legitimately purchased CS2 or Acrobat 7 and need to maintain their current use of these products."

No you don't need a previous version, but it appears that Adobe is allowing download of CS2, based on the honor system, for those who in the past purchased the product and need THIS version to use their purchase without the program trying to call back to the servers (which no longer work) to be activated.
I stand corrected gents.....Rich
Old 05-10-2013, 04:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.13 GB
Thanks for clearing that up Ron0909. I could almost see myself looking through the bars while waiting for my next meal of bread and water
Old 05-10-2013, 10:21 PM

yes, thanks Ron!

I'd say that is "from the horses mouth"!
Google Adsense