PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Software

Old 05-10-2013, 11:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 210.47 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdave View Post
but it seems like Win7 is the best Windows so far.
I agree by far the best windows platform,

Win 8 could be as good but the funky interface puts in the same class of Vista. Of course this is only my opinion others may differ.

I have a registered CS2 Creative suite which is an early release and I did have an issue installing the program on the win & platform. The install program would not load CS2 into the default Win/Program Files (x86) folder. I created a folder named Win/Program Files x86 and had the install program use this folder. That was the only issue I had when installing the program.

Jim Nunn
Old 05-11-2013, 09:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Win 8 could be as good but the funky interface puts in the same class of Vista. Of course this is only my opinion others may differ.
I agree! It seems we've had the 'start' button for years now and suddenly they hide it. I'm assuming the Win 8 interface was designed to take in the recent fad
of touch screens along with the RT rendition for tablets. I was sniffing at one of those Surface pro tablets the other day and man! it was fast with better specs that my laptop. I still hate it! If I could get used to the 'Gimp' I would have switched 100% over to linux. Mind you Wine works better these days than ever and maybe the CS2 suite will work well there. I'm still stuck with Windows though as the Laser is strictly a Windows device (so far)

Ron