PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Software

Old 10-08-2020, 01:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Re: Lex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex View Post
I remember one thing Pepakura lacks is a quick way to edit tabs. It would be great if I could set a setting (width, angle) and click-apply or lasso it to any number of tabs.
For simplicity, PaperMaker defines all tabs with the same (width, angle) setting. So it should be easy to instantly change those settings for all tabs (just put up a simple GUI is all that needed) but is is currently impossible for editing individual tab.

Maybe I will release tab settings along with the ability to show/hide tabs next!
Old 10-08-2020, 03:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 34.87 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by phuocdh View Post
(PS: it might be better to edit my first post but don't know how...)
If I understand correctly, one may only edit a Paper Modelers forum post for one hour after post creation. The management apparently wants to prevent users from deleting all their posts. It drives me crazy but so do human beings in a general sort of way so... When in card model Rome, do what card model Romans do.

The one time I really wanted to change a post, I emailed the admins and it was fixed very quickly. This strikes me as one of the most friendly forums I have personally participated in.

Thank you for the improved line segment selection feature! I will unfold a globe later today and give it another try.
Old 10-08-2020, 03:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 70.75 MB
Send a message via MSN to Lex
Just to let you know the forum does not allow you to edit posts after 2 hours. It's very okay to keep posting in new posts
Old 10-08-2020, 04:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 968.01 MB
Interesting project. Thanks for sharing Your efforts and research.

Fly and Be Safe!
Old 10-08-2020, 04:28 AM

As promised, another test...

Exhibit A: A simple globe created in Blender and imported into Papermaker.

Exhibit B: Papermaker murdered the globe and chopped it up into little pieces. Oh, the humanity!

Exhibit C: The police collected all the evidence and placed it on a single piece of virtual paper.

Exhibit D: Some dastardly villain collected the globe parts from the graveyard of geometric primitives and handed it off to a mad scientist for cloning using Inkscape.

Exhibit E: Said mad scientist used various and sundry means to revive the dead globe as paper model. The horror!

We conclude that Papermaker murders mesh objects with deadly skill with the caveat that clicking on (24x12)+1 line segments in a mesh takes a lot of time. Case closed.

Now, off to chop up Mars...
Google Adsense
Old 10-08-2020, 07:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.05 GB
Can I ask what do you see when you go to the link in phuocdh's first post? I used Chrome, Firefox, and Explorer 10. The pictures below is what I see. I am using an old Dell Vista computer.
Attached Thumbnails
PaperMaker: free Pepakura alternative-chrome-page.jpg   PaperMaker: free Pepakura alternative-firefox-page.jpg   PaperMaker: free Pepakura alternative-explorer-10.jpg  
Old 10-08-2020, 07:44 AM

Connecting tabs update!

This update brings the ability to edit connecting tabs (width, angle) and also the ability to hide connecting tabs entirely!

Check it out: https://papercraft-maker.com

@Damraska: no more evil YAY!

(In the UI, the term 'flaps' is used as it is shorter than 'connecting tabs', use 'connecting tabs' may causes UI distortion )
Attached Thumbnails
PaperMaker: free Pepakura alternative-screenshot_9.jpg  
Old 10-08-2020, 07:48 AM

Hey, Blake7. If the page displays properly it will look like the picture below, but with a cube instead of the globe.

Browser plug-ins like No-Script will block Papermaker unless you manually create an exception. A temporary exception will do.
Old 10-08-2020, 07:51 AM

Re: blake

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake7 View Post
Can I ask what do you see when you go to the link in phuocdh's first post? I used Chrome, Firefox, and Explorer 10. The pictures below is what I see. I am using an old Dell Vista computer.
Normally you will be greeted with this screen (see attached file).
My application uses a lots of new HTML5 features including WebGL and such. So you may encounter problems on Windows Vista... Didn't check myself since I don't have a Vista PC.
Attached Thumbnails
PaperMaker: free Pepakura alternative-screenshot_10.jpg  
Old 10-08-2020, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phuocdh View Post
@Damraska: no more evil YAY!
Awesome! Thank you very much! Truly. It will make tracing the objects in Inkscape easier.

In other news:

Test 3: A simple Flying Saucer

Something very interesting happened with this test. This model comprises a single mesh but includes 4 inset landing gear wells. I was very careful to cut the wells so they would separate from the rest of the model and unfold as 4 separate pieces. When chopping up the model, Papermaker threw out those 4 pieces. They did not flatten at all!
Google Adsense

Tags
pepakura, tools