PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Help Desk > Software

Old 07-26-2021, 01:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 396.75 MB
Send a message via ICQ to konguinio871 Send a message via AIM to konguinio871 Send a message via Yahoo to konguinio871 Send a message via Skype™ to konguinio871
Unhappy virus on my pc

a rasomware virus got to my pc and my models bought in ecardmodels were encrypted by the rasomware I tried to recover them and nothing I lost my models anymore and I have to talk to the sellers of the models if they give me some download files as recovery
Google Adsense
Old 07-26-2021, 02:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
I'm sorry to hear that. Good luck in your dealings with ecardmodels.
Old 07-26-2021, 07:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by konguinio871 View Post
a rasomware virus got to my pc and my models bought in ecardmodels were encrypted by the rasomware I tried to recover them and nothing I lost my models anymore and I have to talk to the sellers of the models if they give me some download files as recovery
Your models purchased on Ecardmodels are available in your account. You just log in and download them again.

If they were models you had before the last crash, you just need to find the old emailed invoices and send them as attachments by email and we can gather them up for you so you can download them (will take time though).

Hope you can get your computer sorted out with the ransomware. Always careful what you click on.

I had to help my Aunt with a type of ransomware (a password protected boot) that I ended up having to use a Linux build to browse the hard drive after mounting it in Linux. I took off all the important files, wiped drive, and reinstalled windows.
Old 07-27-2021, 02:49 PM

Send a message via ICQ to konguinio871 Send a message via AIM to konguinio871 Send a message via Yahoo to konguinio871 Send a message via Skype™ to konguinio871
3turner because unfortunately I formatted the pc the accounts and the files saved in ecardmodels were deleted and I was left with nothing
Old 07-27-2021, 03:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 287.89 MB
If you are current customer with Ecardmodels, you will need to send them an email to support with the username or the email address that you are currently registered with in order for them to look up any completed orders. If you were a previous customer of Ecardmodels prior to the site rebuild, you will need to send them proof of purchase to the support mailbox. Proof of purchase will either be an email from PayPal or Ecardmodels showing the details of models purchased.

Last edited by Gman93643; 07-27-2021 at 04:35 PM.
Google Adsense
Old 07-27-2021, 05:18 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Yes what they both said. We have searched for an account for you and have come up with nothing. I responded to your PM as well.
Chris
Old 07-27-2021, 05:30 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
He received two aircraft, B-24 bombers, one from John Dell, and one from Dave Winfield.

If he has internet email(gmail or hotmail or similar) those files will be still there, provided the emails weren't deleted after receiving the files.

And I think he is confusing the store and downloaded files as being one and the same.

You will need to download any files you had in the past(stay away from pirated files)
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 07-27-2021, 06:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by konguinio871 View Post
3turner because unfortunately I formatted the pc the accounts and the files saved in ecardmodels were deleted and I was left with nothing
We'd like to help you any way we can...with all the info provided already, I hope we can.

Just a side note, when you format your PC, it does not erase any models you bought from ecardmodels in the ecardmodels store. only those stored on your hard drive. So again, if you log into your account and all your purchases will be there. Also as mentioned, if you bought before the rebuild of the website, look through your old emails online (like Gmail). Those also will not be erased when you reformatted your computer. Unless of course you used an email software like Mozilla Thunderbird or Outlook to pull all your emails from the online server onto your computer. Then yeah, they'll be gone. only recourse left is to look through your paypal and see when you bought kits and hopefully there was an invoice tied to it that shows the model.
Old 07-27-2021, 11:22 PM

Red face these are the lost models

look at these are the models that I have lost
Attached Thumbnails
virus on my pc-btr-snp-coversb2c4helldivertrepaintby-brent.jpg   virus on my pc-btr-snp-cover-lancaster-mickey-moocher.jpg   virus on my pc-btr-snp-cover-sbd-3-dauntless-midaway-repaint-brent.jpg   virus on my pc-lipm-coverdannhuber-scaled.jpg   virus on my pc-snp-gotha-gv-bundle.jpg  

virus on my pc-snp-junkers-ju87b-2-trop-bundle.jpg   virus on my pc-snp-3151-mitsubishi-g6m1-l.jpg   virus on my pc-snp-3149-mitsubishi-g4m1.jpg   virus on my pc-snp-3138-mitsubishi-g4m3.jpg  
Old 07-28-2021, 12:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 82.12 MB
To lose one model may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose nine looks like carelessness
Google Adsense