PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Software

Old 12-01-2022, 08:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 143.70 MB
Dancooper. I am very interested in your experiences cutting with a laser. I too have embarked on this journey.

I have spent many hours. Some on improving the bezier curves to reduce the zig zag for converted bitmap drawings (a big reason to use svg curves whenever possible). And some on adding paint bleed so that imperfect registration between the texture and cutting is not so noticeable. And some on registration itself. Does your cutter have a registration camera? Your registration looks to be very good!

At any rate, I hope to establish and keep connections with you and others investigating this facet of the hobby.
Old 12-01-2022, 11:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 115.38 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by aansorge View Post
Dancooper. I am very interested in your experiences cutting with a laser. I too have embarked on this journey.

I have spent many hours. Some on improving the bezier curves to reduce the zig zag for converted bitmap drawings (a big reason to use svg curves whenever possible). And some on adding paint bleed so that imperfect registration between the texture and cutting is not so noticeable. And some on registration itself. Does your cutter have a registration camera? Your registratition looks to be very good!
Hello, thank you for your comment.
No, my machine doesn't have a camera, but that isn't all too important to me since I am not planning to cut the printed parts (yet), only the parts that are supposed to be thicker cardboard.
I am thinking of a cheat alternative to a registration camera though, more like a physical retainer of the A4 page, the machine has endstops, so the origin can always be set at a certain point.
Old 12-02-2022, 05:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 143.70 MB
My laser (the 5 watt two trees with lightburn) always seems to need a size tweak. Sometimes in both axes. Let us know how it works out for you.

Based on the time I spent on various aspects of registration, I suspect the endstops will be among your best friends.