PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Fiddler's Green Modeling Madness > Stock

Old 03-11-2010, 08:25 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
That looks great so far, Chris. Did you use the leading edge glue tab on the tail? I find those things very hard to work with, and usually cut them off. For me, it's easier to roll the leading edges and butt glue.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 195.91 MB
I used the tab Don, it turned out pretty good .

I made a start on the fuselage last night and today, and this is where I'm at right now:-

Everything went well until I tried to glue the bombsight window and nose turret. Firstly, even though I cut the part and opening for it accurately, I still ended with a small hole where the bombsight window fits :-

Even worse was the nose turret. The opening marked in the nose cone for it was WAY too small. I ended up having to cut more and more of the nose cone away in order to get the turret to fit into it anything like properly. This was the best I could do I'm afraid :(:-

I'm a bit of a perfectionist so consequently I'm not very happy with this, or my work on it, at the moment. I thought this model would go together well and that it would turn out to be one of my best ever builds, but I'm beginning to have serious doubts about that now. I'm actually considering giving up and moving onto something else, what do you guys think?!
Old 03-11-2010, 11:30 AM
POTW Editor

Total Downloaded: 76.82 MB
No way, don't stop ,I'm very curious how you manage this ,You have probably seen my build of it, but I ran into the same litlle things, keep going, it will be very interesting to see how this builds "out of the box"

Last edited by billy.leliveld; 03-11-2010 at 11:53 AM.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:55 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
NOOOoooo, keep going Chris. Even with giant macro mode photography the "defects" you are highlighting are barely noticeable. You know the defects are there. Even magnified, I don't think anyone else would see them.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 113.50 MB
Yes, please continue.

I dunno about you, but I get that same feeling with almost every model I have ever made. I tend to obsess about the mistakes I make, usually about halfway through the build, and I have to push myself to get over it and finish. But in the end those mistakes that seemed so glaring almost always fade into the background once the whole model comes together.

So push on, brother!
Google Adsense
Old 03-11-2010, 03:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
You MUST persevere Chris!!!!!! We need to see another 299 come to fruition. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Old 03-11-2010, 03:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.31 MB
Chris, the nose turret should be pushed up into the hole from the inside. The machine gun barrel should protrude right above the lip of the hole. Your turret is riding too high. There are several things on that model that aren’t perfect. I’m more illustrator than engineer. I look forward to see how it turns out.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
No, don't stop! Stick with it.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
I agree please don't stop now.....just go with it and have fun with it...remember this is a "simple" fg model it's not intended to be overly complex or exact. In the spirit of the competition please don't give up. You may be surprised at how nice it really does look when things begin to come together. Just fill the little gaps with some glue and paint over them. nobody will ever know.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 113.50 MB
Woohoo! John Dell is here! Hey, and you got his first post too.
Google Adsense