PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Fiddler's Green Modeling Madness > Stock

Old 03-27-2010, 06:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 29.98 MB
Thank you for the kind compliments gentlemen.

rbeach84 - Elmer's glue is easy to work with as long as you remember to put the glue on the model and the banana nut muffins in your mouth! :D (Just couldn't resist, since it was allready set up for me!) Being serious now, I can't really compare Elmer's to anything else since it is all I've used except for one unfortunate experience with CA . I just squirt a blob of it on a card while I'm working, and if I need some thick stuff use just the skin that forms. For things that have to set FAST a super thin layer allows just a little bit of open time, and sets INSTANTLY with one firm squeeze.

Got a little bit done over the past couple of days. First, the nerve-wraking experience of cutting a hole in a built fuselage to install the wheel wells. I used a toothpick cut to length and "painted" with a sharpie for the oleo struts. The length suggested on the plan was much longer than I needed, so I may have put them on in the wrong spot, but they look good to me. (Better than being too short... measure twice cut once... repeat.)

FGMM Grumman Goose-goosehole.jpg FGMM Grumman Goose-goosewells.jpg FGMM Grumman Goose-goosewells2.jpg FGMM Grumman Goose-goosewells3.jpg FGMM Grumman Goose-goosewells4.jpg

Glued the wing on, added the cabin roof over the wing, and the tail wheel. Those familiar with the model will probably catch this, but I cheated on the tail wheel and added a strip from the treads for the main wheels to the tail wheel to give it some bulk, once again, hope I'm not disqualified!

FGMM Grumman Goose-goosewingon.jpg FGMM Grumman Goose-gooseroof.jpg FGMM Grumman Goose-goosetailw.jpg

Enjoy, I'm sure having fun! Kudos to the designer if you're watching!
Old 03-28-2010, 05:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Really a fine build of this plane!
Old 03-28-2010, 06:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 7.06 MB
Almost got her done:D Lookin good
Old 03-29-2010, 12:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 195.91 MB
This is looking really nice! Keep up the good work .
Old 04-04-2010, 10:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.09 MB
Looks good. Another one in my list. Keeps the good work.
Google Adsense
Old 04-21-2010, 06:25 PM

Mayday! Mayday!

For those of you who may have been wondering about the progress of the Grumman Goose build, the following is a transcript of the last known radio transmission:
"... it's... a hand... huge! What could be so big? It's coming right at us... (garbled)" end transmission.

The following day a SAR mission discovered the wreckage seen below, crew missing, presumed dead, and the only other clue was a trail of toys that could only be used by a child of enormous proportions...

FGMM Grumman Goose-img00079-20100414-1535.jpg
Old 04-21-2010, 06:50 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Was there any other evidence, like cat hair.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:15 PM

Nah, no cats involved. One of the kids that lives here in the campground came into the office to pay for their site on my day off, and while the other park attendants back was turned he saw a "toy" and picked it up. His grip was a little more than the fuselage could take. I'm not too upset, as he was going to get the plane after it was finished, and now I get to go back and correct all of the things I wanted to redo! Probably have to wait a while though, I'm ready to start on something else before I redo the goose.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:20 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
When you re-do the goose, check the clearance of the landing gear with the bottom of the hull. The landing gear is almost too short and the hull strikes the ground. The tail wheel could be a little longer and may have to stretch the Landing struts a little. Good luck on the re-do. See you around in the forums.