PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Strk's Projects

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 11-03-2009, 03:33 PM
billy.leliveld's Avatar
billy.leliveld billy.leliveld is offline
POTW Editor
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Rotterdam, Holland
Posts: 3,246
Total Downloaded: 76.82 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
Didn't the late USSR also field an assault transport WIG, powered with a turboprop? I think it was called the "Orlyok" or something similar.

Wyvern
You are right, it's this one;the same as in the picture's posted by STRK
Attached Thumbnails
Strike ekranoplan 903 Łuń (Dove) class.-alekseiv_orlyonok_18.jpg   Strike ekranoplan 903 Łuń (Dove) class.-1306_18mg.jpg  
__________________
Cheers, Billy
http://pinterest.com/billyleliveld/
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Zathros Zathros is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,159
Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy.leliveld View Post
You are right, it's this one;the same as in the picture's posted by STRK

Jeez Billy, Where do you come up with these pictures? I had not seen the color cut away or the A90 before. Great.

STRK, Your model is really awesome. I have never seen a model of this craft paper , plastic or otherwise.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-04-2009, 01:59 AM
billy.leliveld's Avatar
billy.leliveld billy.leliveld is offline
POTW Editor
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Rotterdam, Holland
Posts: 3,246
Total Downloaded: 76.82 MB
Most of the I collected meandering the internet;
this is where the picture came from; Prototypes.com they have a nice collection, not only Ekranoplans
I have this book, nice with lots of photo's and 3way drawings;
Amazon.com: Russia's Ekranoplans-The Caspian Sea Monster and other WIGE Craft-Red Star Volume 8 (9781857801460): Sergey Kommissarov: Books
__________________
Cheers, Billy
http://pinterest.com/billyleliveld/
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-04-2009, 09:22 AM
jleslie48 jleslie48 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Airmont, NY
Posts: 1,151
Total Downloaded: 528.19 MB
well you got my interest up. here are some great articles on this type of boat:

Dark Roasted Blend: Ekranoplans Showcase


and the aerodynamics explained (laymen style):

Browser Warning
(whats with the browser warning???)

autospeed.com/ cms/ A_1306/ article.html

what I don't understand is why the need to carry the big engines for liftoff in a civilian ferry/designated route scenario. I see these crafts very useful if they had planned routes, and instead of massive engines to overcome the takeoff drag of the water, they launched in a horizontal sled fashion on land, and then lifted to ground effect before leaving the "catapult". This would allow much smaller engines to be required and would be perfect for long designated ferry routes or shipping cargo routes.

This of course is exactly opposite of what the military would want them for. They want to come and go where ever they please and not have to set up a catapult to take off again.

Last edited by jleslie48; 11-04-2009 at 09:23 AM. Reason: bad grammar
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-04-2009, 09:35 AM
strk's Avatar
strk strk is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gdańsk, 3rd Republic of Poland
Posts: 742
Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
Jeez Billy, Where do you come up with these pictures? I had not seen the color cut away or the A90 before. Great.
You should ask me, for A90 was my first aim:p

Ask and it will be given to you:D


Quote:
STRK, Your model is really awesome. I have never seen a model of this craft paper , plastic or otherwise.
So, take a look at this:

1/144 scale Alexeiev Lun Ekranoplan - Soviet WIG / Missiles launcher: Caspian sea monster

Seek and you will find:D

As You can see in my signature, I design models that have never been designed before in paper, esp. in 1:200 scale. And not all are listed in my signature
__________________
http://www.ecardmodels.com/Modern Naval Warfare
----------------
imagination+extrapolation
Reply With Quote
Google Adsense
  #36  
Old 11-04-2009, 09:38 AM
strk's Avatar
strk strk is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gdańsk, 3rd Republic of Poland
Posts: 742
Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jleslie48 View Post
well you got my interest up. here are some great articles on this type of boat:
All those links are already posted in this thread.
__________________
http://www.ecardmodels.com/Modern Naval Warfare
----------------
imagination+extrapolation
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-04-2009, 09:44 AM
strk's Avatar
strk strk is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gdańsk, 3rd Republic of Poland
Posts: 742
Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jleslie48 View Post
what I don't understand is why the need to carry the big engines for liftoff in a civilian ferry/designated route scenario. I see these crafts very useful if they had planned routes, and instead of massive engines to overcome the takeoff drag of the water, they launched in a horizontal sled fashion on land, and then lifted to ground effect before leaving the "catapult". This would allow much smaller engines to be required and would be perfect for long designated ferry routes or shipping cargo routes.
Imagine a construction able to launch Ekranoplan with its 400 000kg weight.

Good luck
__________________
http://www.ecardmodels.com/Modern Naval Warfare
----------------
imagination+extrapolation
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-04-2009, 10:23 AM
jleslie48 jleslie48 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Airmont, NY
Posts: 1,151
Total Downloaded: 528.19 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by strk View Post
Imagine a construction able to launch Ekranoplan with its 400 000kg weight.

Good luck

lakehurst NJ:
Attached Thumbnails
Strike ekranoplan 903 Łuń (Dove) class.-pic23.jpg  
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-04-2009, 10:30 AM
jleslie48 jleslie48 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Airmont, NY
Posts: 1,151
Total Downloaded: 528.19 MB
this will need to be seriously beefed up:
Attached Thumbnails
Strike ekranoplan 903 Łuń (Dove) class.-lakehurst_nj_test_track.jpg  
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-04-2009, 10:52 AM
Zathros Zathros is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,159
Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy.leliveld View Post
Most of the I collected meandering the internet;
this is where the picture came from; Prototypes.com they have a nice collection, not only Ekranoplans
I have this book, nice with lots of photo's and 3way drawings;
Amazon.com: Russia's Ekranoplans-The Caspian Sea Monster and other WIGE Craft-Red Star Volume 8 (9781857801460): Sergey Kommissarov: Books

Great eye candy on Prototypes.com, thanks for the link!
Reply With Quote
Google Adsense
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Parts of this site powered by vBulletin Mods & Addons from DragonByte Technologies Ltd. (Details)
Copyright © 2007-2023, PaperModelers.com