Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Suggestion Box

View Poll Results: Large Armor kit build off, KCStephens vs Modelperry
M25 Dragon Wagon 16 24.62%
M4A3 Sherman 14 21.54%
SS-1C SCUD B + MAZ-543 35 53.85%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2009, 05:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I voted for the Dragon Wagon, my reason being a reverse of Greg's: Build the wagon first, then you have something to haul something (not just a Sherman) in for the following year.

But really, I'd be happy to see any of the three built by these gents.

Happy modeling guys!

Mike

Last edited by Bomarc; 10-26-2009 at 06:09 AM.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:10 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Thumbs up

I think that the
SCUD
would be a great one to build - and a really gutsy looking piece of kit
Old 10-26-2009, 06:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by silveroxide View Post
The Sherman and if possible, with a scratched built detailed interior, and individual linked or built up tracks.
Not with a GPM Sherman you won't - you need the new Halinski Firefly for that level of detail.

I voted for the Scud - the tires alone are a real challenge on that model.

Regards,

Charlie
Old 10-26-2009, 06:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
SCUD!!!! I have this one, but not sure I have the guts to start it, so let me live vicariously through others!
Old 10-26-2009, 11:49 AM
Forum Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clashster View Post
SCUD!!!! I have this one, but not sure I have the guts to start it, so let me live vicariously through others!
Can you please upload a piccy of the parts sheets - i would like to see what you would be up against... Charlie mentioned that the tyres are a challenge - all in all a cool looking vehicle and sounds a wee bit of a handful.
Google Adsense
Old 10-26-2009, 12:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter taft View Post
Can you please upload a piccy of the parts sheets - i would like to see what you would be up against... Charlie mentioned that the tyres are a challenge - all in all a cool looking vehicle and sounds a wee bit of a handful.
Peter,
To give you a better idea of the scope of this project here's what the kit consists of... 28 - 17" x 12" pages of parts (8 of which are formers etc... that get laminated onto 1mm stock ) 19 pages of illustrations and building instructions.
Now, as far as the parts go...I just did a quick count of the tire tread pieces alone...(by the way each of which gets laminated to 1mm card) and came up with roughly 2626 pieces +/-...this equates to 328 treads per tire. Keep in mind that count does not include any other parts for rest of the tire or wheel assembly. This model is HUGE to say the least. I think the designer even included the cigar lighter on the dash....(Just kidding) but it is going to be a massive undertaking.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
OK for those who have not seen the Scud and the tires in this kit, here is one picture of just the tread block pieces for the tires.

Greg
Attached Thumbnails
Poll: Head to Head Build; Modelperry vs KCStephens-dscn1348.jpg  
Old 10-26-2009, 01:01 PM
Forum Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStephens View Post
Peter,
To give you a better idea of the scope of this project here's what the kit consists of... 28 - 17" x 12" pages of parts (8 of which are formers etc... that get laminated onto 1mm stock ) 19 pages of illustrations and building instructions.
Now, as far as the parts go...I just did a quick count of the tire tread pieces alone...(by the way each of which gets laminated to 1mm card) and came up with roughly 2626 pieces +/-...this equates to 328 treads per tire. Keep in mind that count does not include any other parts for rest of the tire or wheel assembly. This model is HUGE to say the least. I think the designer even included the cigar lighter on the dash....(Just kidding) but it is going to be a massive undertaking.
WOW i can see that this is a truly in depth kit for sure and a HUGE undertaking. The designer really went to town with this, which is quite apparent just in the TYRES. If Clashster decides to GO with the build, he will certainly get a big following
Old 10-26-2009, 01:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
Boy did we create a monster, me by bringing it up, you for the poll part. I'm still up for it and am already forming a plan in my head to conquer the launcher tires in a more systematic way.

You know Kevin, Everybody voting SCUD says nothing or very little about the Maz launcher part (except for the tires). Since the SCUD is just the missile part, would we have to build the launcher part too?

Greg
Old 10-26-2009, 01:36 PM
Forum Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelperry View Post
Boy did we create a monster, me by bringing it up, you for the poll part. I'm still up for it and am already forming a plan in my head to conquer the launcher tires in a more systematic way.

You know Kevin, Everybody voting SCUD says nothing or very little about the Maz launcher part (except for the tires). Since the SCUD is just the missile part, would we have to build the launcher part too?

Greg
Now this is blatant TEASING :D A medal would be in order just for those TYRES what you would receive for the whole deal, ummm A chest full of 'em
Google Adsense