Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Suggestion Box

View Poll Results: Large Armor kit build off, KCStephens vs Modelperry
M25 Dragon Wagon 16 24.62%
M4A3 Sherman 14 21.54%
SS-1C SCUD B + MAZ-543 35 53.85%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2009, 01:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Since I usually favor the underdog, I cast my vote for the Dragon Wagon. Just thinking of you two racing to build those Scud-hauler's tires is making me queasy.

Wyvern
Old 10-26-2009, 02:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
You'd better build the launcher or else they won't be eligible for the "Wheeled Vehicle" special category at next year's convention!
Old 10-26-2009, 04:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.54 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStephens View Post
Now, as far as the parts go...I just did a quick count of the tire tread pieces alone...(by the way each of which gets laminated to 1mm card) and came up with roughly 2626 pieces +/-...this equates to 328 treads per tire ...
And just for the fun of it when I received my copy, I counted all the parts and came up with approx 7146 parts :o

Once you start it, there is no way back :D
Old 10-26-2009, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
Since I usually favor the underdog, I cast my vote for the Dragon Wagon. Just thinking of you two racing to build those Scud-hauler's tires is making me queasy.

Wyvern
Seen the Scud and Sherman done! Now the Dragon Wagon, I ordered this one from Poland, the distributor lost the order and had to refund back to my Pay-Pal account after a period of time. So since I could not get one, @least maybe I can see one get built?Rick
Old 10-26-2009, 05:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
it sounds more like "which model can we irritate them the most with" poll? LOL

I think the good ole Sherman is a nice choice...but maybe shake it up, with some some sort of added scratch mod for the Sherman to be included by the builder (they're choice)...like maybe a Mine clearer, or Mobile bridge or Rocket Launch carrier...there are many variants of the Sherman.
Google Adsense
Old 10-26-2009, 06:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by modelperry View Post
Boy did we create a monster, me by bringing it up, you for the poll part. I'm still up for it and am already forming a plan in my head to conquer the launcher tires in a more systematic way.

You know Kevin, Everybody voting SCUD says nothing or very little about the Maz launcher part (except for the tires). Since the SCUD is just the missile part, would we have to build the launcher part too?

Greg
You're right, Greg. I guess i should have thought a little more about this before opening up this great big can of worms. There is always the laser cut option for the wheels and formers.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickstef View Post
Hi All,

Here is your chance to influence a build for two of the most respected Armor builders we have here on papermodelers.com

Greg, This may be our saving grace... Rick used the word "influence" in his initial post. So, I guess ultimately the final choice is still up to us... Maybe we could quietly move on with the Sherman and nobody would be the wiser What do you think?
Old 10-26-2009, 07:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStephens View Post
Greg, This may be our saving grace... Rick used the word "influence" in his initial post. So, I guess ultimately the final choice is still up to us... Maybe we could quietly move on with the Sherman and nobody would be the wiser What do you think?
Well I did vote for the Sherman in the poll and gave my reasons why, so I'm good with bucking the trend.

Greg
Old 10-26-2009, 07:51 PM
Aviation Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
I voted the Scud Launcher for a more personal reason - it's on my build list and I'd love to see a detailed English language build (or 2) for when I get around to mine
Old 10-27-2009, 07:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Since I was part of the gang that has been putting the pressure on Kevin to build the Dragon Wagon, I had to vote for it. But the idea was to put the Sherman that Kevin bought at last year's IPMC ON the Dragon Wagon -- so I guess you ought to get that Sherman finished first, Kevin.

However it turns out, I look forward to seeing the builds from these two superb model builders.

Don
Google Adsense