PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Suggestion Box

Old 06-03-2010, 10:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 55.12 MB
So, it is true

Dave *really did* paint the boat! Guess I never thought of it, but just as there are house painters, there must also be "house boat painters"...

Back on topic, I wonder if Uhu02 should perhaps create a "test" kit to pass to new "suitors", asking them to build it and pass him some pix of their efforts. Sort of a rite-of-passage? Not that you'd have to successfully complete it but just "try"... proves committment in a way.

Ah, goofy idea! What if you can't take a picture to pass back? No easy solution for his 'swiped' art... again, we do the best we can, eh?
Nobi Junkers SRF BETA build - BETA Build: Nobi's Junkers SRF 1:48 scale
Old 06-03-2010, 02:08 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
I don't know what the problem people have with UHU, his models are readily accessible. I just accessed his page 1 minute ago with no problem.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
I don't know what the problem people have with UHU, his models are readily accessible. I just accessed his page 1 minute ago with no problem.
Then I suggest that the next person, who asks for a link to his models, you actually post the link here, in a public forum.
If you are in the Zealot forums, post it there as well, Then you will find out what the problem really is.
In fact, directly link to a download... but I'd suggest you make a fake account first, and go through the onion router, dont wanna get your ip address banned now..

/edits
I was going to suggest that people also referred to him as UHU instead of Uhu02, now I wondered what google or bing would make of UHU paper model as a search criteria, so I tried it. He does pop up, in second place, but just look at what comes first
Old 06-04-2010, 06:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
not a uhu02 in sight when I tried it! lol (see the attached)

on the same topic...I was looking through 3Dpapermodel.com(taiwan).
A great place, but a bit awkward for me since I have to translate the Chinese constantly,
but theres plenty of posts about uhu02's models in their forums.

With direct links to his model pages at papercraft!

There doesn't seem to be any issue or argument regarding the original location of his models.
In fact, it makes a ton more sense to send someone directly to the source.
Why force them to search through other sites that will sidetrack them?
Why force them to towards "pirate" sites.

Isn't this the point? uhu02 doesn't want you downloading his files through other sources that don't have permission.
He wants to be the one and only supplier of his own files.
(all respect to him for that)

And if you get to his site, and he has oddly discontinued the availability of a model, then that is his right too
...and you will find that out, on your own, in an honest and direct manner.

Now, if he was to make sure the visitor was aware that he has discontinued a file, and make them understand why,
then they would know that all other versions on the web are unauthorized "pirate copies".

In the end...isn't that the message we are trying to send?
Attached Thumbnails
Open Apology-uhu-search.jpg  
Old 06-04-2010, 01:56 PM

Ah... but I used google..and a wonderful site full of the joys of stolen models with direct links to a pay-for-download page.
as for linking to his site... It was the paperkraft.com where I linked to, and then again directly to his site...and that was when the 'fight' started.
So next time anyone asks I WILL directly link to his site and the download section if its available. seeing as that seems to be okay, and if I dont pop up every so often you will know I have been banned!
Google Adsense
Old 06-04-2010, 06:47 PM
Aviation Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
You will not be banned for that Kaz.