PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Suggestion Box

Old 05-21-2010, 01:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.0 KB
Open Apology

You know, after reading through the thread about "lastastronaut" today I realized that I had become just like all those people I hated when I first started posting in forums.

To "lastastronaut" and to his wife, I deeply, truly apologize that my post, however unrelated it may have been as I was making an "off-topic" remark, sparked the flames that engulfed this thread. I'm usually bitching at everyone for being to hard on folks, and I encited this riot.

Though I would LOVE to blame UHU for all this, as childish as I think he is, it isn't his fault. It is pirates fault. If it were not for them constantly trying to get something for nothing, UHU would not make his models difficult to find. And it is them who make all of us wary at every poster who has a post count of less that 10. My suggestion is that we need to change.

I am going to remove myself from this forum for a while, if I can't behave in an appropriate manner, and be welcoming and nuture new modelers, or ones who are retuning after a long time away, what good am I? That just makes me a selfish human being, and I don't want to be that way.

Best wishes all, hope to see you soon.

I'm sure some of you are saying "whew, I'd thought he'd never leave!"...
Google Adsense
Old 05-21-2010, 01:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
phew I thought he would never leave.

okay...thats enough...get back to the forum Taz
Old 05-21-2010, 01:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.26 MB
Well said mate.
It takes a strong man to admit they are wrong and an even stronger one to come out and say so. Don't be too harsh on yourself though mate. Not like you cut off your hair and ran naked through the local food store now is it. You said something you regret and none of us have ever done that before have we. :D

Your comment at the end about never leaving I will direct <edit... elsewhere>. You my friend have learned one of life's lessons.

Take care and I hope we see you around very soon.

Cheers.

Jim
Old 05-21-2010, 02:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.91 GB
I read the thread you refer to with incredulity and thought, wow! someone has a bee in their bonnet. It certainly kicked up a crud-storm. Anyway, as it developed, it became clear that you were a bit off-topic (so to speak).
At the same time, I was hoping that it did not put the poster off.
It is a fact of life that we all make mistakes. The secret is recognising these mistakes and learning from them. I am sure that everyone here has had a constant and lifelong education in the ways of the world.
The path to enlightenment comes with the recognition of how our very existence affects other people.
My friend, I hope that your self imposed exile will not be too long and I look forward to your next post.

Bernie
Old 05-21-2010, 02:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 41.26 MB
tazman3; Yeah, you were over the line in a remark you made, but I don't see why you should leave the forum over it.

We all (well, most of us) mess up once in a while, but from one who has been there myself, just stick around, keep posting and be good. After awhile you will be the only one who remembers. And you'd be missed if you left.
Google Adsense
Old 05-21-2010, 03:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 23.60 MB
Tazman, everyone losses their temper every now and again, we are all human after all. Take a step back, have a break and when you start posting again, keep away from the threads that are likely to stir up trouble. Worked for me, I think .

It worries me though, I don't like to see people leave, we have a good comunity here and yes, I include tazman in that statement. Good bunch of guys and girls that for the most part are really helpful, not just with the modeling side.

We have escaped a lot of the problems that a forum usually go's through and it's well policed here. Thats a credit to the great admin and mods we have here.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Tazman3, what are you saying? it IS uhus's fault, if he wasn't so OCD (Yes O C D, alphabetical, the way it should be) about his models the pirates wouldnt have to, er, pirate them, I explained this in the thread. If its available, its available, if its on the net, its available, even if you have to pay for it, and register it, and use a coded password for it. The sooner that is realised, the better off it will be for noobs, anger management classes, self exiled forum members and most of all Uhu himself.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
you know, everytime they shut one of these threads down, we could just start another....like this!
either we will all get banned or....

has anyone seen my UHU Time machine?
Old 05-21-2010, 06:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 163.85 MB
FWIW, I never saw the thread in question but apologies are never misplaced in any circumstance.

Learning is frequently painful, but never a waste of time.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.26 MB
Please can we let Tazman have his apology thread and leave it at that without any further input on the why's and who's fault it is. I for one care not outside of the fact that Tazman is making amends.

I strongly ask that we don't start this all over again.

Cheers.

Jim
Google Adsense