PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Tips and Techniques

Old 01-11-2012, 03:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 587.2 KB
Sure
Right side of the fuselage was covered with paper and not sealed with Print Shield. Result is not very visible on the photos, but close examination shows that colors are a little deeper on the left side so I will definietely will be using Print Shield. Olive Drab color will require many more experiments to get it right though...
Parts held directly under the desk lamp hardly have any glare to speak off, unlike Red River paper. As you can see colors look pretty darn good on this paper. Forming is more difficult that I'm used to, but this paper is thicker than my Canon Matte Photo paper I'm using regulary. It bends well, no chipping/flaking of color when scored on the un-printed side.
Connecting strips from this paper don't really work as even after half an hour I'm still able to pull them (with sligh difficulty) apart, but using matte paper for strips works perfectly. Mounting parts onto printed surface (those three strips sticking out) shows that for this task SuperGlue is the only valid option - I used Tombow MonoAqua, Beacon's 3-in-1 and Loctite SG ControlGel

No, I will not be building this plane as this was only test attempt at recoloring ModelArt's P-51 into Will Shomo's plane.
Slight out-of-focus on the photos is the result of my camera having difficulty focusing on the silver paper. With naked eye everything looks sharp.
Disclaimer - I don't have any stake in the Inkjet Station products.
Attached Thumbnails
Silver Card-stock-img_6749.jpg   Silver Card-stock-img_6751.jpg   Silver Card-stock-img_6752.jpg  
Old 01-08-2013, 04:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.45 GB
Send a message via Yahoo to Sidewinder81777
having already tried the wasau silver paper from officemax with dissapointing results I ordered some of this and I am very very impressed as well
Old 01-08-2013, 06:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I recently purchased Inkjet Station Premium inkjet media metallic silver paper and ran off the DC3 on in. There was no smudging and according to the manufacturers of the paper it will readily accept ink. I printed about 10 or 11 pages with no problem at all. It does not show very well from my scanner and if I have any complaint at all it is that the paper is too silver shiney. It would be nice to find a shiny aluminum paper. Anyway, this is the very first time I have used this paper and I do like it.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreMir View Post
Maybe it will be of interest to somebody...
I recently purchased Metallic Silver photo paper from here Inkjet Station | [Inkjet Station.
On my Epson R300 results are much, much better than using the Red River paper. All colors look sharp and stay in place. They advise to seal the pages with Print Shield spray (this will be my next test), but so far I didn't encounter any smudging or smearing while touching the print with bare hands. Card has good "weight" to it and silver color is easy on the eyes, again huge improvement over the Red River paper.
That sure looks like the silver metallic photo paper that I've tested from IT Supplies.

What name brand is it?

Notice that the roll price and sheet price are nearly identical to the Simply Elegant Silver Brand from here IT Supplies - Simply Elegant Paper and Media.

If it is the same stuff-you better seal it like advised. At first it doesn't smudge, but after a couple of days it will!

Mike