PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Tips and Techniques

Old 08-16-2009, 11:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 25.57 MB
New Glue?

Being a glue-a-holic I am always on the look out for something better. So, while I was in home depot the other day I came across a product called Simple-fix indoor glue pen. I am not sure what it is but it works quite well. I have used it for spot gluing and laminating. The laminating part is interesting. You put the glue on both sides and let it dry. Them, when you put them together it is like contact glue. It's not the answer to everything, but what is?
While I am into glue, I have read what you cats have said about glue. I have tried them all. Elmer's ain't bad and I want back to it because of what I have read in PM. Ducos gets me too high.Aileens did not work as well as Elmer's and I used that for a long time.
All in all thanks for some of the best paper model stuff there is.
Peter
Google Adsense
Old 08-17-2009, 08:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 125.24 MB
Have you tried Tombow Mono Aqua? It's the only glue I use - unless I have to use a spot of CA. Not too sticky, but holds great. Easy to clean up and dries clear. The only store that seems to carry it is Office Max, but you can find it online lots of places. By the way, if anyone has seen this glue anywhere other than Office Max, please let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
New Glue?-atom2017.jpg  
Old 08-17-2009, 08:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 1,012.17 MB
Your local artists supply store might have it. I picked up my last bottle at Artisans in Santa Fe, New Mexico
Old 08-17-2009, 09:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
Speaking of Tombow glue, have any of you tried the "metal" glue? It's for attaching metal parts to paper. Works pretty decently. It's a little thicker and is white (but dries clear). I found this bottle on clearance at Michaels. Not sure where I'll get more when I run out. Office Max only has the regular tombow where I go.

Greg
Attached Thumbnails
New Glue?-dscn1107.jpg  
Old 08-17-2009, 09:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 125.24 MB
Never seen the metal glue and never seen Mono Aqua at Michaels! Hmm. Time to take another look. If you have never tried the regular Mono Aqua, do yourself a favor and try it.
Google Adsense
Old 08-17-2009, 01:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 25.57 MB
Yes I have used Tombow. Not the best but not bad. Their distribution seems to have been cut back. I don't see it as often as I used to. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I've been using 3M's Scotch Quick-Dry Tacky Adhesive for a couple years now when doing my papercrafts. Nothing but good things to say about it. It's almost like Elmers glue mixed with a superglue. Plus the tip it has on is a really nice size.

Old 08-09-2010, 07:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.63 GB
Found while cruising "Joann's".

Beacon's 3 in 1 Advanced craft glue.

It has the consistency of PVA or white glue, but uses acetone and ethanol as its solvents. It is somewhat tacky, does not make paper soggy when overapplied, dries clear and makes a nice bond.

Several other brands with similar ingredients were also on shelf.

This would be a good glue to use if you spray your models with floor polish. I had made the unfortunate discovery that acrylic floor polish softens some white glues.

The only thing to watch out for is that this type of organic solvent glue would probably make Epson inks run. In the past I have found that while the Epson Dura Bright inks are indeed water resistant, they do run in the presence of some organic solvents.