PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Tips and Tricks

Old 08-24-2008, 02:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
A better glue

At QMHE was a guy selling glues - he had a paper glue which he claimed was lots better than PVA (White) and would strengthen joints.

I was a bit sceptical but bought a small bottle - have tried it and it works exactly as promised. It's about the same consistency as normal workworking PVA and grabs quite quickly. The joint formed is much stronger than PVA joints. It's also matt and transparent when it sets.
I found I was more productive because I wasn't waiting for the glue to grab as is usual with PVA.

It's called RAPI-BOND and is made in Australia but can be mailed (unlike solvent glues). There are some on-line retail outlets for it - these seem to be mostly for the model railroad community.

Regards,

Charlie
Google Adsense
Old 08-24-2008, 08:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
I'm confused. The specs say that RAPI-BOND is a PVA glue. In fact it sounds like exactly like Aleene's Tacky Glue. Is there more than one type?
Old 08-24-2008, 04:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
It is a PVA glue with all the advantages of a PVA glue but it seems to have been tweaked chemically to set very rapidly and make a high strength bond. It certainly isn't like tacky glues to work with.

Regards,

Charlie