PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Tips and Tricks

Old 07-26-2009, 09:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 12.95 MB
Pepakura questions

Does anyone have any experience with applying textures in Pepakura? I'm at a loss as to how to apply them properly.

I know that you can change textures on your model by going to [Setting] [Texture Setting] then choose [Specify Texture Image] and choose your texture from there.

Now my problem is two-fold(ok maybe three-fold, or four-fold):

First is I'm using Sketchup and importing in the Google Earth .kmz format. So far I have gotten good results with Pep and the .kmz file type. The problem is, I have no UV coordinates. I cannot apply any textures to my model. Now after unfolding, I can go to [File] [Export] and choose [BMP
file for texture] but it removes all color as imported in the model!?!

Second if I export from Pep as an OBJ file type, I get color on the model as designed in Sketchup, but it is very light in hue when imported into Pep. BUT I can apply textures on the OBJ type file. The problem I'm running into with the OBJ files, is when I'm exporting the parts into Pep, I'm not getting the entire part, just bits and pieces!

There is more I could go into but this has thrown enough out there for now.

Help, anyone!
Google Adsense