PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Tips and Tricks

Old 06-19-2020, 12:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Paper model rescaling question

Is there a way to accurately rescale a paper model? I have some that are A4 and they fit on my scanner no problem so I'm thinking I could just scan them and print onto A3. But some of them look just slightly bigger than A4 and I was wondering if the parts can be cut out so they can be scaled up the same percentage. Have not messed with it yet, just asking because I'm seeing some pretty small parts and it would be easier to build if it was a little bigger.
Thanks!
Google Adsense
Old 06-19-2020, 12:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 51.92 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc1961 View Post
But some of them look just slightly bigger than A4 and I was wondering if the parts can be cut out so they can be scaled up the same percentage.
Yes, they are printed larger than the A4 print area precisely because they cannot be printed on A4, if you want to print them on A3, then this is not a problem, but you have to divide those parts into several sheets of paper to print the whole or if the parts are too long, they should be divided into 2 parts, which you then combine, otherwise I personally use the DPI change for scaling, this method seems more reliable to me.
Old 06-19-2020, 01:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Are you looking for a specific scale or are you just wanting it larger?

If you just want it larger, most printers will allow you to specify the paper size you wish to print to and then allow you to play with the scale percents to get to the largest size that will print in that area.

Don't click 'Fit to Page' or whatever they call it with your printer or your parts will not fit together when it is time to build
Old 06-19-2020, 02:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Model I want to rescale

Its a Schreiber-Bogen Statue of Liberty. It's slightly larger than A4, so I have to cut it into pieces and I want to make sure I don't screw something up,