PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Tips and Tricks

Old 08-18-2010, 06:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
Don't worry hardlec, no hard feelings here. Actually your problem interests me because I ended up thinking what I could do with similar materials.

BR Tappi
Old 08-18-2010, 08:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
There is some stuff from Hammermill called Clear Window Decals. You print on one side and the other side is tacky enough to stick to windows. You can reposition the decals if needed.
Hammermill Inkjet Static Cling Window Labels 8 x 10 Sheets Clear Pack Of 10 by Office Depot

I bought a 10 pack many years ago. It is 8-1/2"x11" and cost $2.99 USD. I found it at a Big Lots discount store. I have not seen it anywhere in a brick and mortar store since then. The Hammermill item number printed on the package is 10014-0.

The stuff now looks to be 8"x10" instead of 8-1/2"x11". New and improved upgrade, right?

The trick with these is to remove the printed decal from the backing sheet. You get some wrinkles sometimes. If the printed texture is busy enough the wrinkles and any small bubbles are not as noticeable. If you take your time and are really patient enough you could probably eliminate most of those kind of mistakes. I am not that patient with the stuff.:D

Here are a couple of pictures of some textures printed on the decal material. The brown dirt looking square is 2"x2", the green grass looking square is 1"x1", the clear square is 2"x2" and shows some of the flaws in my application technique. They are applied on some thin plasic about 1/32" thick. The plastic has a lot of little scratches on it so that is part of the flaws that show.

Taken on a dark background
Join clear to clear and stay clear?-img_0735.jpg

Taken on a light background
Join clear to clear and stay clear?-img_0734.jpg