PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Tirick's Projects

Old 12-10-2012, 07:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Thank you, sir. Always exceptional work.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 53.52 MB
The 1:1000 modular City Walls set is now released. It comes in both .pdf and .pdo format, and contains the texture base if you wish to recolour them. There are several segments, suitable to build a fortified base or wall demarcation. These are specifically designed to complement the train set and the forthcoming city roads set, as well as future building sets.

The set is carefully designed to allow sections to fit correctly in a hex grid, while yet allowing 90 degree sections.

You can find them in the Hex Terrain section on my site: tcfgaming.com

Enjoy!
Tirick
Old 03-08-2013, 02:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hey Tirick, wanted to update you on the modular system I'd been working on. You can find the gallery here at imgur.

I refined the net so that it would take less time to cut from stock, redesigned the couplings for added sturdiness, demonstrated that a bridge is possible, and included slant hexes as they seem to be a staple of mech wargaming. I have also adopted the size of Heroscape tiles which is 1.75" from flat to flat, and 3/8" height.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:20 PM

Those are sweet looking! I can't believe how well that bridge holds up with such a narrow ledge. Brilliant!
Old 03-08-2013, 08:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
The bridge took some frustration to figure out. I'm still not entirely satisfied with it structurally, but after repeatedly looking at it I'm not sure what other changes I can employ to make it stiffer, or to extend its length beyond a 5-span.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:22 PM

I know, I've taken a long break from design, but this one just kept pestering me until I sat down and stopped gaming long enough to put it together. It is a simple set, possibly the simplest model I've yet released, but I think it will add to the 1:1000 Hex terrain/mech sets considerably, and even possibly be useful at full scale (1:285).

3D Hex Forest / Woods markers:

This set is designed to replicate 12-15 meter tall trees (standard 'woods' height in Battletech), in both Light and Heavy patterns. The design is simple enough and allows for any figure with a base smaller than a full Hex to sit comfortably within it. Obviously, it will look more 'correct' with a 1:1000 Battlemech, but this should still provide a good visual cue to the areas marked by forest, and allow a modular setup to reflect forest terrain.

Alternate no-text textures are available, as well as both pdf and pdo files. I've included a UV map for convenience, should you wish to design your own texture plan.

With a 1:1000 scale figure:

With a 1:285 scale figure (approximately):

As with all of my models this is available, for free, at my site: tcfgaming.com

Enjoy,
Tirick
Old 04-22-2013, 08:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
That is so stinking cool. How could something this straightforward not have been done before? You, sir, are a genius. You should post this over at CW Forum.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.88 MB
Like Vermin King says, stroke of genius.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:57 PM

Thank you! It is a crazy-simple idea, but it works. I must ask though... what is the CW Forum?
Old 06-04-2014, 10:20 AM

Well, at long last, the Road Set is finally released, and available at tcfgaming.com . There is no good excuse for the delay, they were ready for layout before Christmas, but life got in the way.

This, as a baseline, should provide nearly any road layout you would like. Eventually I will release a set with an elevated roadway, as well as bridging elements to work with the Rail set.

Enjoy!
Sean