PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Tirick's Projects

Old 08-01-2012, 08:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.53 MB
YES. Thank you!
Old 08-02-2012, 01:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 53.52 MB
The original MC2 legs for the Timberwolf and the Mad Dog (they appear to share the same leg design) are not very close to canon, so I've made modifications from the original. The new design should prove a little easier to assemble as well. I have a few tweaks yet to make to the models then I will begin to texture, perhaps this weekend if the weather is foul.

The original can be seen on the right, attached to the Timberwolf in the second shot. These will be replaced with a shared identical model (it will have a separate UV map from the 'main' model in both cases).

Enjoy,
Tirick
Old 08-02-2012, 02:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.53 MB
The arms of the Thor and Timby are also identical from the shoulder down.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:03 PM

I'll have to take a closer look at that. Maybe I can make modular shared arms as well.

Thank you!
Old 08-13-2012, 06:47 PM

The Mad Dog (Vulture) is now complete, at least the panel and detailing layout. I've not fully settled on the colour scheme. I may brave a camo pattern (Ghost Bear) for the prototype build.

I made minor scale modification to the model to bring the legs to the same size as the Timber Wolf (Mad Cat), this should be mostly unnoticeable, and allows me to share resources easier. I hope to get one built in the next few days, and get it up on my site for the end of the week.

Timber Wolf is next.

Enjoy,
Tirick
Old 08-16-2012, 09:56 PM

Just the other day I stumbled on a Marauder model made for Mechwarrior 3 by someone named Whammy and converted to Pepakura by vlmarshall (or ShiftDel, hard to tell from the post stream). It is perfect for my needs, with elements I was pretty certain I can use directly, rescaled. So I laid out the Pep file at 1:1000 and then built the MAD, although it was quite difficult at that size. I'm not 100% sure it is the exactly correct size (the gun pod is a little taller than the Atlas, although that could be build/fold stack up). I meant for it to be about 18 m tall, a little bigger than the Timberwolf (which is in UV/Texture layout, btw).

All in all it is a good model. As with the others I've printed a second one, but I'll wait to build it. Next up is the Mad Dog, which is printed and waiting patiently for its turn.

Enjoy,
Tirick
Old 08-17-2012, 05:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
This new Marauder is a most welcome addition (Grey Death Legion Colours, possibly?) to the growing collection of minimechs.
Tirick my friend, I'm delighted to see this new range of minimechs and related terrain evolving: it adds much interest to the sphere, pardon the pun.

Kind and Respectful Regards Tirick my friend, Uyraell.

"Honi-Soit Qui Mal'Y Pense."
"Ill unto He who ill of it thinks."
- Ed.III Rex Britaniam, AD1348.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:24 PM

Thank you. I've not played Btech in over a decade, but I loved it when I did. With the resurgence of material for the licence and a company that seems intent on supporting and building off the FASA work (rather than 'dumbing' it down) I am very eager to start again. My kids are on the cusp of an age where I can start introducing them to such hobbies. I am very much looking forward to it.

The box says it is Marik colours, but I'm quite honestly no expert. I can't upload it, as I honestly don't have contact with the designer. I did find it here, however:

The MechWarrior 3 Community Project :: View topic - Mechwarrior Paper Model Download Links

The file comes with a blank texture for rebranding as desired.

A great repository really.

Thank you,
Tirick
Old 08-19-2012, 04:12 PM

The Mad Dog is now built, striking fear in the hearts of those poor Inner Sphere mechwarriors...

In all the built went well, although a few of the more fiddly bits did not work as designed. Some parts are just too small to reasonably roll/fold.

The Timberwolf texturing is coming along nicely. If I get time tonight I'll post up the Mad Dog on my site.

Enjoy,
Tirick
Old 08-26-2012, 05:47 AM

One of the reasons I love to have models in scale with one another is that you can really get a scope of how big some things really are. I just finished building BLaaR's Mechwarrior 4 model of the Overlord-Class Dropship (available here in the download section). I rescaled it to map scale (1:1000), and show it with the scale mechs.

Also, a friend was kind enough to grab me an Introductory Box set of the Battletech game while at GenCon. So, I can finally show you the new models next to their rescaled counterparts (for the Atlas and the Catapult, at any rate). 'Model' scale is 1:285 I believe, but as with any miniature, the standard is probably adjusted to fit the game play area.

Enjoy,
Tirick