PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Tirick's Projects

Old 10-21-2009, 08:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 53.52 MB
1:50 Star Wars Astromech

I am in the middle of a fairly complex modification of paper-replika's ARC-170 fighter, scaling up to 1:50 and adding internal cockpits and landing gear (thread to follow). In the process I am refining and developing my paper protagonist series of models. You can follow that thread here if you are interested.

In the process I decided to can the provided top portion of the Astromech and design my own. What you see here are the first development shots. It is quite a bit smaller than the one provided in the ARC-170 model (after scaling), but is accurately scaled against the R2-D2 design. It stands a little less that 2 cm tall. It's legs are articulated, and can be posed standing or moving. I plan to add panel sheets for the modification-minded modelers, including bits for the various tools. I will also be designing other head styles to represent the various types.

Essentially the base model is ready for texturing, which I hope to start, as time allows, soon.

Enjoy!
Sean
Google Adsense
Old 10-21-2009, 10:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 224.02 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to marksolo
Nice job Tirick, these R2 units have just enough polygons and details but not too difficult to assemble.

Beautiful!
Old 10-30-2009, 06:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 38.14 MB
Whoa

Veeerrrrry coooooollllllll! I want some! Steve
Old 10-30-2009, 08:04 PM

I'm glad you like them! I've finished modeling the various heads(R2, R4, R5, and R6) and have laid out the UV textures. Once the textures are complete I will be uploading them here, although that will be a little while, as I am working on two models and a modification concurrently.

Sean
Old 05-27-2010, 08:27 PM

While I've not been specifically avoiding other projects, namely the B-Wing and the Stormtrooper (I will finish those, honest!), I got inspiration to texture these little guys. As my brain tends to avoid texturing (I am readily distracted once a project reaches the texturing point), I could not pass up the chance to finish a project, even it is is not the most anticipated. I'm not intending to release the variant Astromech units as of yet; rather I will release the R2 as a standalone (with various color schemes) and then add head variants and body-paint variants later.

Release is pending my site completion (and instructions). I plan on both 1:50 and 1:35 (textures are high enough quality I think) releases, despite the title of the subject.

Enjoy!
Sean
Attached Thumbnails
1:50 Star Wars Astromech-r2d2-001.jpg   1:50 Star Wars Astromech-r2d2-002.jpg   1:50 Star Wars Astromech-r2d2-003.jpg   1:50 Star Wars Astromech-r2d2-004.jpg   1:50 Star Wars Astromech-r2d2-005.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 05-27-2010, 08:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.66 GB
Huzza!!! and Woo Hoo!!! I want one, Looking really great Tirick!! can't wait til your site is up and these guys are ready to go.. loyal fan and all that..LOL.
Jeff
Old 05-28-2010, 05:05 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
I for one am very excited, at least for my youngest son. Being a stay at home dad for the summer (the first one I get to spend with my boys, now a benefit of retirement!) this will provide some fun modeling projects I know he will like. He is a big Star Wars fan, so this will be right for him.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 05-28-2010, 11:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.66 GB
Hey Texman; Here are a couple of pages that might be of interest..both SW related, most models are easy and simple, if that is what you are looking for. Main I have some some nose art versions of the Clone Wars Gunship as well as the Cargo version mod. I made up. Well Danged the other site seems to be down, It has tons of SW models from all 6 movies and some others, PM me for details if you want, I have all of the SW models from there.
Jeff
Old 06-13-2010, 02:16 PM

The definitive R2 collection:

Well... mostly anyway. Couple of things to do before releases are available: write instructions, finish layout and figure out how to get my site's store to work (note these will be free). I hope to get that all done within a week or so.

Enjoy!
Sean
Old 06-13-2010, 03:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.53 MB
hat about a minibar accesory?
Google Adsense