PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Tirick's Projects

Old 06-24-2010, 03:51 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
glad it helps you can also do like dave graffham does on his stuff and use layers that can be turned on and off - I know people LOVE this feature.
Chris
Old 06-24-2010, 06:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 53.52 MB
Chris.
Your suggestion taken to heart, I've updated the Modular Terrain sampler (did I mention the sample was free?) with .pdf versions of all the current texture packs.

I like the idea of a layered .pdf, but that will have to wait for some more research into the process and software required to do so.

Thank you!
Old 06-25-2010, 04:10 PM

:o Simple Geometry oops.

I think I have a solution, but I will be testing it before I release the files.

Sorry 'bout that. I've taken the download out of service until fixed. The braces are not strictly required in order to use the panels (my prototypes don't have them for example), but the corner edges require some better support. It's a tricky area to support because of the overlapping flaps.

Sean
Old 07-09-2010, 03:52 PM

Gah! bloody no-editing. The pictures were moved, but I cannot recalibrate their location now....

So, in between some other projects (and playing ME2) I've put together two more panels, leaving but one more prototype before I'm ready to release the first set of panels.

I had a number of setbacks, the first you've 'seen' above, related to the support structure (the redesign works brilliantly), tested at length on the four assembled panels that I have. The second I've not mentioned before now (it was fixed in the original sample file, soon to return to my site), but put me back at square one with regards to the textures (and thus the layouts) of the panels I'd already done. The problem was a limit to the texture size in Pepakura, preset (without my knowledge) to 1024x1024. The first texture I'd used was a 3072x3072 (to get about 96 px per cm), thinking I was clever in having one texture (and thus making modification easier). To my chagrin I discovered this was not the case. As such, the textures were reapplied (at 1024) to each of the four corners, This reduces the overall px/cm to about 64 pixels (each panel is 16 cm), but greatly improves over the prototypes at 32. All that said, I now have to redo all of the Pepakura layouts, which I plan to target for this week. I can then move on to other projects waiting in the wings, namely the B-Wing and the Stormtrooper

The tanks in the pics are all paper; the Baneblade and LeMan Russ from Flarebaffled's design, the two Chimera's (WIP) from Patoroch. The figures are standard plastic GW Cadians.

Enjoy!
Sean
Old 07-28-2010, 01:36 PM

The first set in the Modular Terrain series is now available for purchase in my store. It comes with 4 different panels that may be assembled in a variety of ways, and combined with the Sample pack (and future sets) to create a virtually limitless array of gaming scenery.

Check out the link in my sig for more details!

Thank you!
Sean
Attached Thumbnails
Modular Terrain-sample-vs-001.jpg   Modular Terrain-sample-v-001b.jpg   Modular Terrain-sample-v-002b.jpg   Modular Terrain-sample-v-003b.jpg   Modular Terrain-sample-v-004b.jpg