PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Vintage Models

Old 09-24-2012, 01:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 35.81 MB
Old Schreiber #441, Hammerwerk

I made copies of this model a long time ago, but just started to build it this weekend. It makes an early (19th c) automated hammer forge... the pulley is to be connected to a steam engine. I'll have to find a paper model of one of those!

Here are pix of the instruction sheet and the build so far... in the instructions, as it turns out, the picture is more informative than the written section which pretty much just identifies the different parts.

It's a moving model and, if I manage to build it correctly, the hammers should rise and fall at different times. I'll try to document the build as it goes along and the finished model.
Attached Thumbnails
Old Schreiber #441, Hammerwerk-hammerwerk_instruction.jpg   Old Schreiber #441, Hammerwerk-hammerwerk1.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 09-24-2012, 02:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Here is a simple model of a steam engine that can be powered by a balloon according to the write up.

Steam Engine Automata

A little past half way down the page.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.15 GB
Looks interesting!
Old 09-26-2012, 11:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 35.81 MB
The little steam engine is cute... it would be interesting to re-color it to match the Schreiber model. Last night I finished the big hammer and started the base for the anvil.

I know I'm doing this kind of backwards, but here's the model sheet. It really is remarkable how they managed to fit everything on one sheet of paper. The orange and pale blue coloring seems unusual to me as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Old Schreiber #441, Hammerwerk-hammerwerk2.jpg   Old Schreiber #441, Hammerwerk-hammerwerk3.jpg   Old Schreiber #441, Hammerwerk-hammerwerk_150.jpg