PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Vintage Models

Old 10-01-2020, 07:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
It is highly unlikely to still be in copyright
Old 10-01-2020, 09:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 30.26 MB
Suspected that's probably the case.
I've already made two versions (one in green, one blue grey) and have resized both to 1/32.
Also snagged the "Tanque Infanteria" and gave it the same treatment. Since no scale was given, decided to size it the same as the Tanque Ligero FT, as it resembles a potential "variant".
Old 10-03-2020, 06:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 35.81 MB
Quote:
As for the Tanque Ligero you mentioned, here's a photograph of same. I always liked that touch of metal in the copper tubing running through the muffler. The model is now in Tom's collection as a thank you for his help during the writing of this thread.
Hey, Thumb Dog, the copper has darkened a little since you sent me the tank, but it still looks great! It has a companion now... one of the Rapi armored cars that Alexandra built recently. A much simpler model, it has to be said.
Attached Thumbnails
Paper Models as Propaganda During the Spanish Civil War-img_2315.jpg   Paper Models as Propaganda During the Spanish Civil War-img_2318.jpg   Paper Models as Propaganda During the Spanish Civil War-img_2322.jpg  
Old 10-04-2020, 01:44 PM

I've printed off several versions of the Tanque Ligero FT, with the best image I can find. Sad story - about a month ago, when I discovered it and decided that I needed it for my Armies In Plastic troops, the only image I had access to was a photo of the print at the exposition. I worked that thing as best I could in Gimp, and finally gave up. Still, I printed off a few test ones (I lack a printer, so this meant trips to my local office store). When I found this forum I was pleased as punch (why I failed to check here is beyond me).
Still, the best image I could locate had to be tweaked, but is far better than my earlier attempts.
Weirdly, the grey one printed off blue, and a medium shade at that. I did make a green one. These are closer to 1/35 and were meant as test beds.
Anyway, we'll see what happens here.
Old 10-04-2020, 02:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 553.70 MB
Hi All,

And hi, RRLittle. Attached find some copies of the Tanque Ligero FT. The complete image is as I received it from Tom Greensfelder, and the two-part images are after I enlarged the page and enhanced the color in paint. I hope these help in your build.

Score and fold,

Thumb Dog
Attached Thumbnails
Paper Models as Propaganda During the Spanish Civil War-tanque-ligero.jpg   Paper Models as Propaganda During the Spanish Civil War-tanque-ligaro-c1.jpg   Paper Models as Propaganda During the Spanish Civil War-tanque-ligaro-c2.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 10-04-2020, 03:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 35.81 MB
Hello, again, TD and RR. I was surprised to see the scan I sent you, Thumb Dog. It was super washed out. My monitor may have been incorrectly calibrated when I made it for you, just four years ago. I went back to the original and redid the adjustments. The new one attached is more accurate (and closer to your adjustment as well).
Attached Thumbnails
Paper Models as Propaganda During the Spanish Civil War-graf-reun_tanque-ligero_a-2_new.jpg  
Old 10-04-2020, 04:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 553.70 MB
Hi All,

And hi, Tom. I was also surprised when I found your original scan of the Tanque. But the copy was clean and clear, and it readily accepted my attempts at color enhancement.

I should have mentioned that my two enlarged pages were altered to include my changes for the planed laminations to the model. Anyone building the model might want to start with the scan you sent today.

Thanks Tom for taking the time to adjust your scan, and please pass along kudos to Alexandra for her build of the Rapi armored car. It's always best to enter into battle with support.

Score and fold,

Thumb Dog
Old 10-04-2020, 05:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
Thanks for posting that FT-17.I was curious about lack of tail skid on this model since it's very recognizable part of the tank (and very important one).I looked it up and ,what do you know,there are pictures of Spanish FT tanks with skids removed.Maybe they were not needed,maybe in a way of something,who knows so many years later.

By coincidence it also turns out Spanish Army restored their FT-17 to running condition and that example got there from Poland (looks like we supplied A LOT of arms to Spain).

https://www.outono.net/elentir/2018/...sh-soviet-war/

That makes for second Polish FT-17 restored recently-first one was found in Afghanistan of all places.
Old 10-04-2020, 08:23 PM

TD, Tom, et al,
I don't know what to say, except WOW and THANKS!
What a difference cleaner scans make. Hope to get them printed off by Wednesday, and begin construction shortly thereafter.
Meantime, work continues on my green 1/35 practice unit. I added wood to the inside of the track units for sturdiness. They were already laminated to 1mm Crescent board, so proving to be heavy. Probably do something similar to the 1/32 (maybe 1/30 now!) unit.
Again, many thanks.
Robert out.
Old 10-04-2020, 09:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 969.48 MB
Thumb Dog and Tom,

Thanks for the downloads. I have hit a building slump. I have 4 major building projects that I can't seem to get up steam to finish. Maybe building something totally different will get me back in the groove.

John
Google Adsense

Tags
models, paper, war, model, civil, spanish, simple, series, flags, thread, number, red, propaganda, flag, galvez, show, shown, granada, built, 2-dimentional, nationalists, drawing, pattern, wars, symbols