PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Vintage Models

Old 10-05-2020, 07:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Get back in the groove, sir
Old 10-05-2020, 02:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 553.70 MB
Hi All,

And hi, RRLittle. Tom and I are happy to help. The Papermodelers site is a civilized corner in an often nasty media arena. The ladies and gentlemen who post here enjoy doing what we can to promote our singular pastime.

Butelcznski, I believe the tails were removed from the FTs so that they would be more nimble in the ancient streets of Spanish cities. As they weren't available in numbers, I'm guessing they were used more in the role of up-armored, armored cars rather than tanks in the field. To that end, I think the gun in the Tanque's turret represents a machine gun, not a cannon.

And missileer, I have a few projects on my shelf that have been waiting 35 years or more for someone to come along and finish them. They don't haunt me, but they have been pushed to the back of the shelf where I rarely see them.

Score and fold,

Thumb Dog
Old 11-22-2021, 02:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 81.64 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumb Dog View Post
Hi All,

Attached find the rest of the images for the T-26 post. I'm also attaching a photograph of the T-26 found at El Goloso Museum in Madrid, Spain. The shot shows the flag's colors painted on the mantlet in the usual way. It also shows the ugliest attempt at camouflage I've ever seen. Let's hope the museum takes the tank in hand and does justice to this historic type.

Score and fold,

Thumb Dog
Great work! but i have a question, do you have any information about card parameters? width and height?
Old 01-12-2022, 12:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 20.37 MB
A very interesting and informative topic for me.
Old 01-12-2022, 12:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
It us great to see you posting again Thumb Dog. Thanks to you and Tom for the Spanish version of the FT.

I agree with your comments about the civility (and the range of knowledge) reflected in our Forum.

Don
Google Adsense
Old 06-06-2022, 05:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 325.07 MB
Just finished to see this thread, as somehow it sliped under my view...
A big thanks to Thumb Dog for show it up, and to all the other who make it possible!
Cheers!

G_Mendes
Old 06-06-2022, 10:48 PM

Hi All,

And hi, Goncalo Mendes. And thank you for your kind words about my old thread. I'm happy to see people are still enjoying it after all these years.

Score and fold,

Thumb Dog
Old 06-15-2023, 07:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 159.93 MB
Thank you for all these wonderful models, Thumb Dog! I am currently in the process of assembling a folder with everything of my own collection! By chance, you haven't come across or heard of any 3D soldier models of the civil war have you?
Old 06-15-2023, 11:52 AM

Hi All,

And hi, stef1793, and thanks for visiting my propaganda thread and for your positive comments.

Sorry to say I don’t rccall seeing any 3-D paper Civil War soldiers, either vintage or modern. I have seen some old 3-D soldiers from Tom Greensfelder’s collection, but as these were European models, they portrayed European soldiers.

Flats, or 2-D paper soldiers are plentiful and the more modern versions can be quite striking. Also, coloring books that show Civil War soldiers might be of interest, too. The line drawings in the coloring books could be scanned, colored in the computer, printed out and built as flat models. Their enlarged size would make impressive figures.

Thanks again and best of luck in your search,

Score and fold,

Thumb Dog

Tags
models, paper, war, model, civil, spanish, simple, series, flags, thread, number, red, propaganda, flag, galvez, show, shown, granada, built, 2-dimentional, nationalists, drawing, pattern, wars, symbols