PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Vintage Models

Old 06-17-2021, 04:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 35.81 MB
Schreibers Technischen Modellierbogen catalog 1935

Seems like it's been awhile since we've had any posting in the vintage section, so I thought I would post this catalog I recently acquired on German ebay.

It's from 1935 and I haven't really taken a stab at translating the German, so I don't know if the models shown are new for 1935 or from previous years as well.

The "Technischen Modellierbogen" seems to be a very specific series of models within the Schreiber oeuvre as none of their architectural or cultural models are represented here, just planes, trains, and automobiles. And the random dreadnought or zeppelin.

When I first started collecting the old paper models on ebay, the Schreiber models were the ones that drew me in first. I had some terrific battles bidding against Frank-Michael Goldmann and Francesc Lopez Sala back then. We've all become friends since.

It would seem that paper models unite more than they divide.
Attached Thumbnails
Schreibers Technischen Modellierbogen catalog 1935-jfsie-catalog_1935_1.jpg   Schreibers Technischen Modellierbogen catalog 1935-jfsie-catalog_1935_2.jpg   Schreibers Technischen Modellierbogen catalog 1935-jfsie-catalog_1935_3.jpg   Schreibers Technischen Modellierbogen catalog 1935-jfsie-catalog_1935_4.jpg   Schreibers Technischen Modellierbogen catalog 1935-jfsie-catalog_1935_5.jpg  

Schreibers Technischen Modellierbogen catalog 1935-jfsie-catalog_1935_6.jpg   Schreibers Technischen Modellierbogen catalog 1935-jfsie-catalog_1935_7.jpg   Schreibers Technischen Modellierbogen catalog 1935-jfsie-catalog_1935_8.jpg   Schreibers Technischen Modellierbogen catalog 1935-jfsie-catalog_1935_9.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 06-17-2021, 10:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 553.70 MB
Hi All,

That’s a fabulous catalog, Tom. I’ve seen that a few of the models such as submarine U9 on page 11 and the Panzerschiff on page 9 have been available through the internet over the years. And it's worth noting that the BMW motorcycle with sidecar on page 13 is still being published and sold by Schreiber. I think there are quite a few of us who wish all of these models were still readily available, at their original prices.

The catalog brings to life the remarkable story of German’s interwar advances in air, sea and surface transportation. And all this during a global depression when it would take a wheelbarrow full of Reichsmarks for the average German to buy a loaf of brown bread.

Thanks for sharing this time machine with us. If you happen to run across the S3/6 lokomotive and passenger cars seen at the bottom of page 12, let me know.

Score and fold,

Thumb Dog
Old 06-18-2021, 10:15 AM

Glad you like the catalog, TD! And, yes, I do wish Schreiber would go back and reissue a lot of their old models. For me it would be the planes and the dreadnoughts.

Your point is well taken about German technology in the interwar period. They accomplished so much before they ultimately surrendered to extremist ideology... partly out of fear of the new world that they had such a large hand in creating.

As for the loco and passenger cars... don't ask me how this happened, but I have 5 originals of the loco and 2 of the passenger cars. I also have 2 reproductions of the loco from the Wurttemburgischen Landesmuseum, one of which came from Thomas Pleiner.

Interestingly, the coloration differs between the originals. I'll put up some scans so you can see the difference.

If anyone would be interested in purchasing the extra originals or the repros, you can DM me.
Old 06-18-2021, 02:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
That's interesting. I have some old Scheiber catalogues, but nowhere near as old as that.
Old 06-18-2021, 06:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.98 MB
... good evening ...

to expand Tom's display of the J.F. Schreiber catalogue I feel free to show the 1931 catalogue ...

Cheers
Thomas
Attached Thumbnails
Schreibers Technischen Modellierbogen catalog 1935-jfs-01.jpg   Schreibers Technischen Modellierbogen catalog 1935-jfs-02.jpg   Schreibers Technischen Modellierbogen catalog 1935-jfs-03.jpg   Schreibers Technischen Modellierbogen catalog 1935-jfs-04.jpg   Schreibers Technischen Modellierbogen catalog 1935-jfs-05.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 06-18-2021, 06:16 PM

and the nex five pages ...
Attached Thumbnails
Schreibers Technischen Modellierbogen catalog 1935-jfs-06.jpg   Schreibers Technischen Modellierbogen catalog 1935-jfs-07.jpg   Schreibers Technischen Modellierbogen catalog 1935-jfs-08.jpg   Schreibers Technischen Modellierbogen catalog 1935-jfs-09.jpg   Schreibers Technischen Modellierbogen catalog 1935-jfs-10.jpg  

Old 06-18-2021, 06:17 PM

and the last six pages
Attached Thumbnails
Schreibers Technischen Modellierbogen catalog 1935-jfs-11.jpg   Schreibers Technischen Modellierbogen catalog 1935-jfs-12.jpg   Schreibers Technischen Modellierbogen catalog 1935-jfs-13.jpg   Schreibers Technischen Modellierbogen catalog 1935-jfs-14.jpg   Schreibers Technischen Modellierbogen catalog 1935-jfs-15.jpg  

Schreibers Technischen Modellierbogen catalog 1935-jfs-16.jpg  
Old 06-19-2021, 02:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.88 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Pleiner View Post
... good evening ...
to expand Tom's display of the J.F. Schreiber catalogue I feel free to show the 1931 catalogue ...
That brings to mind this which arrived today from where a friend in UK had sent it for my birthday.
It is a different length, 115cm, and item number, 557, from the 3 sizes of Graf Zeppelin shown on catalog page,

Old 06-27-2021, 11:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Interesting, wouldn't mind seeing the Hanomag Cabriolet again.
Old 01-13-2022, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Interesting, wouldn't mind seeing the Hanomag Cabriolet again.
Hi, Whulsey, and Happy New Year!

I'm not sure if you meant the car for real or the paper model. In any case I do have a copy. Oddly, though, it's not the "Das Auto in der Tüte" but the French version, "L'Automobile en Pochette," or "The Auto in the Paper Bag."

The model was intended to roll with the use of a rubber band which you can see from the instructions. I've also included a pic of all the die-cut parts that were to be used in the construction.

It's a simple but handsome model.
Attached Thumbnails
Schreibers Technischen Modellierbogen catalog 1935-hanomag_envelope.jpg   Schreibers Technischen Modellierbogen catalog 1935-hanomag_instruct1.jpg   Schreibers Technischen Modellierbogen catalog 1935-hanomag_instruct2.jpg   Schreibers Technischen Modellierbogen catalog 1935-hanomag-1.jpg   Schreibers Technischen Modellierbogen catalog 1935-hanomag-2.jpg  

Schreibers Technischen Modellierbogen catalog 1935-hanomag-3.jpg   Schreibers Technischen Modellierbogen catalog 1935-hanomag-4.jpg  
Google Adsense