PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Vintage Models

Old 12-30-2021, 08:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Den gamle Brotrappe from Familie Journalen

Started on this model. Den gamle Brotrappe or The old Bridge Stairs. Noticed that there would be some unsightly blank areas on the inside of the stairs so copied and printed the parts in reverse and glued them on. Looks a lot better.
Den gamle Brotrappe from Familie Journalen-den-gamle-brotrappe1-001.jpgDen gamle Brotrappe from Familie Journalen-den-gamle-brotrappe1-004.jpg

Den gamle Brotrappe from Familie Journalen-den-gamle-brotrappe1-003.jpgDen gamle Brotrappe from Familie Journalen-den-gamle-brotrappe1-005.jpg
Google Adsense
Old 12-30-2021, 12:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
I like this diorama model a lot, Doug!

I take that Den gamle Brotrappe is located somewhere in Norway?

Don
Old 12-30-2021, 02:46 PM

Don, not sure where this structure is. The language on the pages is Danish. It would be neat to hunt down this set of stairs if they are an actual place and not depictiing a generic structure.
Old 12-30-2021, 03:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCEtoAUX View Post
Don, not sure where this structure is. The language on the pages is Danish. It would be neat to hunt down this set of stairs if they are an actual place and not depictiing a generic structure.
I've tried, but no luck so far. This page has some information about historical bridges in Denmark but I didn't recognize any of the photos: Broer i Danmark - Dansk Vejhistorisk Selskab

When is the model from and/or from what issue of Famile Journalen? I found the website for this magazine and they've got a section for handicrafts: Gode og gratis kreative ideer | Gor det selv | Familie Journal
However, I searched for any paper models and didn't find anything.

I could write to them but my Danish is pretty rusty. I used to be able to read Danish but I was never much good at speaking it. Coincidentally, I have just been getting my Danish books out of boxes so I can start reading them again.
Old 12-30-2021, 03:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
Going to enjoy following this.
Google Adsense
Old 12-30-2021, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurence Finston View Post
I've tried, but no luck so far. This page has some information about historical bridges in Denmark but I didn't recognize any of the photos: Broer i Danmark - Dansk Vejhistorisk Selskab

When is the model from and/or from what issue of Famile Journalen? I found the website for this magazine and they've got a section for handicrafts: Gode og gratis kreative ideer | Gor det selv | Familie Journal
However, I searched for any paper models and didn't find anything.

I could write to them but my Danish is pretty rusty. I used to be able to read Danish but I was never much good at speaking it. Coincidentally, I have just been getting my Danish books out of boxes so I can start reading them again.
Thanks for the effort. I am not sure in which issue the model was published. I will have to see if I can locate my source and see if there is any indication.
Old 12-30-2021, 05:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
The magazine has a contact form and I just went ahead and asked them about it in English. Maybe they'll respond. Most of the Skandinavians I've met speak perfect English.
Old 12-31-2021, 05:47 AM

I found the web site.
Main page:
Esben Rasmussen’s albums | Flickr

Scroll down 8 rows to the link that reads:
familiejournalens
Kartonark 1926-44

Clicking on that will take you to:
familiejournalens Kartonark 1926-44 | Flickr

Scroll down 22 rows to find Den gamle Brotrappe.

I was hoping a mouse over would show the year-volume-issue number, but it does not. If you follow some of the other links on the main page and mouse over the links from the following page you get that info.
Old 12-31-2021, 06:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
These are so nice models. I love to build them too. Went to see the model and the text doesn't give any hint that it's a model of a real thing. I think it just shows medieval style of setting of bridge with stairs alongside of a watchtower. Good to see you build this, I'll wait to see the finished model.

Tappi

PS Thanks for the links, I had already forgotten that source.
Old 12-31-2021, 11:27 AM

When the dashed fold lines will appear too noticeable I color in the whole line. To me it looks better to have a solid line rather than a dashed line.
Den gamle Brotrappe from Familie Journalen-den-gamle-brotrappe2-001.jpgDen gamle Brotrappe from Familie Journalen-den-gamle-brotrappe2-003.jpg

The tower installed.
Den gamle Brotrappe from Familie Journalen-den-gamle-brotrappe3-001.jpg
Den gamle Brotrappe from Familie Journalen-den-gamle-brotrappe3-002.jpg
Den gamle Brotrappe from Familie Journalen-den-gamle-brotrappe3-003.jpg
Google Adsense