PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 01-22-2011, 03:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 21.22 MB
Hello from Durham NC USA

I am a die hard scratch builder from the age of 7! I use card stock or polystyrene sheet. My working scale is 1/76. Attached is a sample of my work.
Attached Thumbnails
Hello from Durham NC USA-green-puma-2010.jpg   Hello from Durham NC USA-img_0477.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 01-22-2011, 04:21 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Welcome aboard to another Tarheel (In your case it may be a Blue Devil). Good show with a sample of your works. I used to build in 1/72nd but with time, the eyes have a hard time focusing. There are many here who like that scale and you will be in good company. Keep it up and hope to see some more of your works around here. Enjoy and see you around the forums.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:34 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Welcome! Great looking work - looking forward to your input on the forum.
Yogi
Old 01-23-2011, 06:08 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
welcome to the forum, great looking builds
Old 01-23-2011, 11:18 AM

Question I am a retired for now too!

I have a question which has nothing to do with paper models..Most of us have a large number of models, a life long legacy of great workmanship and dedication
.What happens to these models when we die? can we have a place where they could be exhibited? a place which would offer a vision to the younger generation. It does not have to be exclusive to paper models. This is a haunting thought as I know of a few people with great life long collections with no one to care for their work after they leave us. Your thoughts gentlmen...
Google Adsense
Old 01-24-2011, 08:36 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Check all your local educational institutions. Elementary and middle school teachers will likely be glad to have anything - though you'll need an informational display and some kind of protection/case (limited space probably, also). Local libraries usually do only short period displays - again, good educational/informational displays are important. A library display can go just about anywhere with its purpose: from modelling as a hobby to a historical context for the models.
Anything technology related (aerospace usually) could find a home anywhere from a local science center, exploratorium, museum, planetarium, college, etc. You'll need to find who's running their displays and find out what they could use to further their core mission (just about all my rockets, satellites, and space probes have a home at the local college planetarium - the rest get passed on to local elementary school science teachers).
Very rare and high quality models could find a home in an appropriate museum (subject matter related). Check the net, send them a note with a picture and offer of donation, and see what happens. My Bomarcs (average quality, if that) are living at the Eglin AFB Armament Museum in care of their education/outreach team.
Yogi (empty shelves mean no dusting and a reason to build a few more)
Old 01-25-2011, 08:45 PM

Thank you for the info, it is a lot of work, but well worth it. If I can get others interested, a larger area could be covered...then we have to approach the problem of shipping of these things,most that I know of, are overseas...