POTW Editor

Total Downloaded: 76.82 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Manic View Post
I've heard a rumor that he has a boat.
There is also a rumor he's working in a zoo with primates
Old 03-18-2011, 05:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I am a Mechanical Engineer; currently working as a Design Manager for the Instrument Panel and Interior Mechanisms Group for a major automobile manufacturer in Warren, Michigan.

BUT, this is way more fun!

Ken
Old 03-18-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy.leliveld View Post
I'm an art-director, I build and design film and television sets, and sometimes I still use my old airbrush-skills to make illustrations
And a darned fine artist I might add!!!
Old 03-19-2011, 09:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 36.10 MB
I am a railroad engineer for the U.P. with about 15 years exprience. My run is between Tucson and Yuma AZ.

Crrently working on Will Aldridge's F2G #57
Old 03-19-2011, 07:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 40.89 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Thomson View Post
I'm a Machinist-Fitter by trade, and my other hobbies are snorkeling, and agility with my wee scottie girl.
Forgot to mention ( although I suspect most know ) I am an ex Canadian Ground Crew, Starfighters and Silver Stars mostly, with a fair bit on Dakotas and Twin Hueys.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.88 MB
Hey Y'all;

After 20 years in retail, and a couple years with one of the big telecoms, Always Trial & Tribulation, and then with an auto auction somewhere in the middle of it, my health crashed and I'm on disability.
Would like to say I do appreciate those still working and paying the taxes my Social Security comes from.
It is a welcome help except for not being able to make overtime to spend on fun stuff.

As you might guess, I enjoy flying kites too. So does Kathy.
Also mess about with model trains and plastic models.
And enjoy my rescue cats, Grumman the Wondercat and Georgie the Junior Kitty.
(train? what train? you mean there's a train? http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...hat_who_me.jpg )

Health issues create some days, even whole months, where modeling and kiting ain't gonna happen. Or like today for example there was a ham and beans lunch open house for someone here in our little burg who breeds paint horses and just opened an Equine Center with riding lessons and everything but the body said "you ain't drivin' nowhere today son"; oh well, such is life. But, hey, I live, I do things, I have fun as the opportunity arises.

Have made friends on Farcebook who it seems I'm able to help and encourage from my own experience and/or get lucky with Google to pretty quickly find information they need.

This ain't what I envisioned life as being, but, hey, I'll "work with what parts were in the kit" so to speak.

later,
Forrest Scott Wood

Last edited by southwestforests; 03-19-2011 at 07:57 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Nosey aren't we? For my 2 cents then: spend a touch over 20 years in the graphics and pre-press field. When the last place got bought up and shut down was married at the time so the suggestion was made I get a real job. So drive a city transit bus now, don't have the wife and figuring out how to retire ASAP (which with the way things are going won't be until 66 or whatever the social security date will be then). Tinker on models: paper, plastic, resin, whatever works -- may actually finish something someday. Collect books, magazine, dealer brochures and manuals for all things automotive and tractor related with some stray aircraft. Some drawing and painting, lot of photography.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
Although I was an employed mechanical engineer until almost two years ago, I am currently substitute teaching in the local school district. I am still looking for an engineering job and am also currently working on a Master's degree in education so I can get my teaching certificate. I am torn between two careers in which I cannot find a permanent job.

When not wrestling with the nonexistent career, I wrestle with a wife, son, 4 small dogs and 2 cats. My daughter and son-in-law, I try to ignore. Unfortunately, this leaves me with little time for my favorite grandson.

My hobbies, other than building models of whatever media suits my fancy at the time, consist of autocrossing, reading and doing logic-type puzzles (hanjie, griddlers, pain-by-numbers or whatever you wanna call them).

Greg
Old 03-21-2011, 05:46 AM

I'm a retired college teacher, before that I was an electronic technician in the Army and later in the music business. I play drums semiprofessional, now only at home, I draw and paint a little and do photography. And a few other hobbies like paper models and stargazing.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:59 AM

I am a family physician
Google Adsense