PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 04-18-2011, 11:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 233.25 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to Inky
Hello fro Arkansas

Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself, My name is Shaun and I live in the beautiful North West part of Arkansas. I just got out of the Army 2 years ago and one night was sitting in front of the computer and ran across a site with paper models. I downloaded a model and started building it that night. From then on I have been hooked on paper models.
I love building Ships, planes, and space. I am currently working on the AXM 1/100 International Space Station, 1/300 CVN 65 USS Enterprise, 1/48 Space shuttle, and a few others. I also build plastic models and I do scroll saw wood working, I am a Ham Radio operator and love talking to the guys up on the International Space Station.
I am glad I found this Forum and hope to learn allot from it.
Attached Thumbnails
Hello fro Arkansas-dsc_0095.jpg   Hello fro Arkansas-dsc_0098.jpg   Hello fro Arkansas-dsc_0101-2-.jpg   Hello fro Arkansas-dsc_0024.jpg   Hello fro Arkansas-dsc_0021.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 04-18-2011, 11:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 49.65 MB
Thumbs up

Welcome to the Forum. You have done great job with those models
Old 04-18-2011, 11:46 AM

Thank you jaska. These are just a few of my models, my room is covered in them and I have also done allot for friends and gave them away.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:49 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
WOW! That Space Station is impressive, as are the rest of your models. So is your handle, "Inky" is really great, I wish I had thought of that!
Old 04-18-2011, 03:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 55.12 MB
Welcome aboard, Inky. The folks here at PM have always been a great bunch; all forums have a "culture" to them, and this is one of the nicest. Your work looks really good, glad you are enjoying the hobby. Me, I'm just amazed - all the time!

BTW, what Shuttle are you working on? I've been following the 1:48 shuttle design & build here and hoping to get my paws on one eventually.

See you around!
Nobi Junkers SRF BETA build - BETA Build: Nobi's Junkers SRF 1:48 scale
Google Adsense
Old 04-18-2011, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeach84 View Post
BTW, what Shuttle are you working on? I've been following the 1:48 shuttle design & build here and hoping to get my paws on one eventually.

See you around!
I am working on the shuttle that Thorst is designing.... 1/48 Space Shuttle orbiter under construction
Old 04-18-2011, 07:22 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Welcome, Shaun! Glad to have you here, and thank you for your service.

As your room fills up (superb models BTW - an outstanding job on the ISS) you might just drop by Fayetteville and see if the UofA Planetarium has some space for displays promoting their work. I've found a home for lots of "dust catchers" (so named by 'SHE who's trying to keep this place looking nice ...') with the Pensacola State College Planetarium. Pretty much filled up the lobby cases and put up a big ceiling-hanger. The spacecraft models make good bait to bring folks in and stimulate discussion while they wait to get in to the shows (also posted several signs in the cases with links to space-paper-modelling sites so they can download and build their own). Any local area teachers would also likely love to have your work.

Yogi (looking at them is satisfying, but building is more fun for me ...)
Old 04-18-2011, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired_for_now View Post
Welcome, Shaun! Glad to have you here, and thank you for your service.

As your room fills up (superb models BTW - an outstanding job on the ISS) you might just drop by Fayetteville and see if the UofA Planetarium has some space for displays promoting their work. I've found a home for lots of "dust catchers" (so named by 'SHE who's trying to keep this place looking nice ...') with the Pensacola State College Planetarium. Pretty much filled up the lobby cases and put up a big ceiling-hanger. The spacecraft models make good bait to bring folks in and stimulate discussion while they wait to get in to the shows (also posted several signs in the cases with links to space-paper-modelling sites so they can download and build their own). Any local area teachers would also likely love to have your work.

Yogi (looking at them is satisfying, but building is more fun for me ...)
I live about an hour away from Fayetteville so some day I might just drop by there and take a gander. As for my room filling up.....I still have the rest of the house to fill up...hahahahaha I do know that the big space ceiling hangers are popular, I have a dozen people wanting me to build them the ISS that I have. I have thought about giving it to one of my friends that loves it and then starting me a new one and building it even bigger, probably a 1/75 or 1/50. The one I have is 1/100.

And for you thanking me for my service..... You are very welcome, it was my pleasure serving for you. I have one son that is still serving down in Ft Hood, TX with the 1st Cavalry Division. And my youngest son just got out a few months ago. He was with the 101st Airborn division in Ft Campbell, KY. I was with the A4 T.H.A.A.D. Missile defense out of Ft Bliss, TX.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 594.81 MB
Welcome to the site Shaun (even though it has been two years)

-RunwayOneSixRight