PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 05-17-2011, 07:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I am very sorry to hear this about a friend of the community. I pray that he is well and that he and his family have good strength throughout!
Old 05-17-2011, 07:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 587.2 KB
Boats,
Please convey our best wishes to him and his familiy.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
My thoughts are with him for a speedy recovery!

Wyvern
Old 05-17-2011, 07:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.66 GB
Please pass on our prayers, and best wishes for a get well soon to him and his family. Been missing his posts on the B-17.
Jeff
Old 05-17-2011, 07:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 6.62 GB
Likewise, my best wishes to Ron and his family and friends. Boats, unfortunately, I know all too well what you are all going through. (My wife's mother is currently receiving hospice care, we don't know if she'll be coming home this time...)

Scott K.
Google Adsense
Old 05-17-2011, 07:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
Please add my prayers as well.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
It is always sad to hear of illness among our community. Best wishes to Ron.

Don
Old 05-17-2011, 11:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 1,012.17 MB
Ron has always been a generous contributor to this forum and a good friend. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Curt
Old 05-17-2011, 01:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Ahoy all crew
You all been very kind and concerning to our beloved Ron. I will contact his sister and let her know our prayers are with Ron and his family. Hospice has been klnown a hospital for the terminialy ill. But the good lord works miricles. I am not much of a christian but I keep god and country in my heart and say my prayers I prayed for Ron and family I hope god will touch his heart so he can come home and be with us again. I will post anymore information after I contact his sister so please fellas stand by.

Boats
Old 05-17-2011, 03:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
I haven't been able to call. I'm still busy with small jobs that take too much time, not to mention that I'm currently without internet/telephone at home. And I have to connect from an internet cafe.

But if any of you contact Ron's Sister, please let her know that I am thinking about Ron with all my heart and my best wishes.

I have the feeling that this is serious, and that he knew it. By looking at the several kits he was selling since last december I think he was already aware that he may not be able to finish them all.

He was also kind to send me several of his model kits by the end of March, which he offered me as a gift for the Ford Trimotor Project. I asked him to send them only when the final kit was released to the public, but he insisted on sending them long before that. I didn't understand his urge to send them before, but now with this news I'm thinking he knew his health would be affected soon. He was very supportive with the Trimotor project, and I'm glad I could at least send him a pre-release version of the trimotor finished at 98% which he liked a lot.

And last thing we talked about was about the project of vectorizing his B-17. He gave me some instructions on what he wanted to do. But a couple of days after that he stopped logging in to the forum.

I became aware of his absence the last days of April. He used to log in almost on a daily basis. But I wasn't smart enough as to try to learn about his whereabaouts. And I fooly thought it was not so serious.

I'm very worried, and will be looking at this thread frequently for any news.

Again, please Boats, or anyone else, if you talk to his his sister, let them know that from the faraway Southamerica I'm sending them prayers and best wishes.

Google Adsense