PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 10-28-2011, 10:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hello everybody

My name is Andy, and I have been building models of all sorts since I was a kid. (approx 25 years). Mostly plastic, but I had some experience with paper buildings for my childhood HO railroad layout. I could build a town worth of paper buildings for the price of one of the plastic ones!

As a teenager, I took a break from the hobby while girls, cars, girls, cycling, girls, first job, and did I mention girls... took up most of my time, leaving little free time to build. But I got back into it during college while I attended the Art Institute of Pittsburgh, studying commercial photography, but taking a variety of classes including model making, airbrushing, computer illustration and graphic design.

I build mostly sci-fi subjects, but occasionally delve into a good armor project or airplane. I build mostly as a hobby, but have taken on commission builds for private collectors, local museums, and theatre companies.

What I have discovered, and love about paper models is the fact that there are so many subjects that are available in paper, that just are not made in plastic kit form. And the ability to "paint" a model in Photoshop is just plain cool.

I spend a lot of time over on starshipmodeler.net, but saw these forums, and thought I'd pop in to say "hello".

Visit my portfolio Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket
Google Adsense
Old 10-28-2011, 11:04 AM

Send a message via MSN to Jerry V
Welcome to the forum Andy, and I hope you will enjoy reading, en sharing the buildtopics.

With regards,

Jerry
Previously build; R.M.S. Titanic, 1:200 scale
Currently building; S.S. Nomadic 1:250 scale
Old 10-28-2011, 11:50 AM
Eternal Member

welcome to the forum Andy, will find a fair amount into the sci fi building here and more who do recolouring of models and even post how to design and build your own models