PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 10-30-2012, 05:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Greetings from Germany

Hi there,

my Name is Michael, i´m 33 and i am coming from Heilbronn, Baden-Wuerttemberg (south-west Germany).

I have some experience in paper modeling, mostly with spaceships but i also made armor and some other stuff from various games and movies.
The Shipmodels usualy stay in the paperform.
The armor and helmets and most of the other stuff get fiberglass and resin not to mention the paint.
From time to time i experiment with new techniques, so tips are welcome.

Had to make a two year pause and finally have an opportunity to start again.
I recently moved, and now i have a room in my basement that is big enough to hold my workshop.
There is much work to do before i can start, so i hope i get finished soon... old building: repair the doorlock (snoopy neighbors, will not close atm. Not to mention the stuff down there will not be cheap), fix and add or better yet change the lighting (one weak bulb is really not enough), relocate the local inhabitants (not particulary fond of spiders crawling all over my stuff, and there is a whole army down there), clean up the place, finish my selfmade workbench, add some shelves, install a heater (its freezing cold) and find a way to get internet down there (my W-Lan Router is not strong enough to break 3 floors and i know me, i will spend a lot of time down there).

I am not sure yet with what i will begin when i am finished with my workshop.

One more thing... please don´t look too close on my grammar.
English is not my native language.
Usually i spent about one month a year in Millwaukee, but writing and speaking a foreign language are two different things.

~Thareen
Google Adsense
Old 10-30-2012, 07:24 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Welcome, Michael! If you can understand, and be understood, in Milwaukee I don't think you'll have any problem here. Paper modelling projects should be a good way to break in your workshop (no sawdust or fumes and really cheap materials).
Yogi
Old 10-30-2012, 09:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Spiders usually do not like light, so get better lighting soon. I hope it isn't too damp down there.

Frankly I do most of my building in the living room in front of the television. I'd like to see some of the armor and helmets.

Welcome
Old 10-31-2012, 12:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Welcome to the group. Do not be concerned about your grammar....it is better than most Americans'.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Welcome. I live in Sydney, Australia but also have a home in Baden. It is a beautiful area where you live.
Google Adsense