PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 12-12-2012, 10:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi Brett! Thanx for stopping by, nice to see you!

Old 12-12-2012, 12:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.23 GB
Thomas Meeks & P. Crow

Had a cool surprise yesterday. Received a message from Thomas saying he was going to be in Santa Monica for a few weeks taking care of some business, and if I knew of any place where he could pick up some supplies. Come to find out that he's staying two blocks away on the same street!! Figured that I would never have a better chance than this of dumping some of my crummy surplus gear on an unsuspecting soul. Quickly threw a box of odd bits together, and walked down to deliver. Thomas was way too polite to refuse, so my work area is "slightly" less cluttered for now. Returns are not allowed!!!

Manage to talk him into taking a photo with me.. Hopefully this will do nothing to tarnish his reputation in the cardmodeling community. Can do nothing, but help my image.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thanx for the update Peter. Awesome happenstance in this small world!
You've obviously made Thomas look taller!
Good to see you too Thomas!

Old 12-12-2012, 03:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 41.26 MB
Thanks again, Peter. I only asked you to tell me where you get the paper card stock you use, as the brands available here in Santa Monica are quite different from what is available Back Home in Indiana. Your thoughtful generosity almost overwhelms me (snif, snif)

What a great surprise to find you such an interesting and kind person, but I guess I should have come to expect that from members of this happy community of Papermodellers.

I have long admired your work as posted on this forum, and am very pleased to meet you in person.

And Phil, anything that makes me look taller is good, as I stand 4'11"" in my stocking feet.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 113.50 MB
My turn, I guess.

I am Tim Allen and I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba (Canada). The picture is me at work, taken with my ipod about 10 mins ago, so its pretty recent.
I am 50 years of age and my three kids (Tessa 15 and twin boys Vincent and Spencer 13) keep me on my toes, and feeling my age. My long suffering wife Bettina has been saddled with me for the past 23 years and will likely have to put up with me for the foreseeable future. Which is a good thing as she is my best friend. We both work in college libraries although technically neither one of us is a Librarian (The precise term is Library Technician.)

I've been modeling in paper every since I discovered the hobby via the Fiddlers Green online store, about 7 years ago I think. My other hobby is playing board games, especially board war-games. But that has taken a back seat to designing war-game maps and counter art for several different small companies. Its fun but keeps me so busy working in Photoshop that I hardly have time to do any paper modeling these days.
Attached Thumbnails
Who are you?-ipodpics-012.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 12-12-2012, 05:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 95.08 MB
OK my name is Philip Wright but I always go by Phil as hearing Philip will cause me to instinctively duck and say sorry mother.I live in Kent in the UK near to where the Short Bro's flying boats were built over looked by Rochester Castle and not far from the former Chatham Naval Dockyard and that's the interesting bit.I'm 48 married for the second time with a 20 year old son from my first marriage who recently told me he was going to be walking up Mount Kilimanjaro for charity.I'm unemployed due to an accident where I was crushed by a bull elephant while saving a group of toddlers and kittens that were about to be trampled or I was hit by a forklift truck,I forget the details but either way I was damn heroic!.I try to build paper and plastic models but have more to build than I have made,I also collect diecast model aircraft which by and large I do manage to get out of the box at least until my wifes ever increasing Lego collection puts them back in it again.
Attached Thumbnails
Who are you?-me2.jpg  
Old 12-12-2012, 05:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
Sounds like your wife is pretty cool Phillip. My wife tolerates my Legos, but i think only because my son plays with them.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 95.08 MB
Sorry Mother!, oopps sorry like I say instinctive response.Ashley suffers from a condition Myotonic Dystrophy which is a weakness in the muscles she also has bouts of depression so I got her into Lego as a way of occupying her mind and exercising her fingers which it does,it also occupies every flat space in the house and exercises my patience's
The sets are really quite amazing now and it does keep her happy so I don't mind really,the Build a Bears though!!
Old 12-12-2012, 08:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 13.06 MB
O.K.
I'll bite. I usually prefer to be more or less anonymous because I'm so good looking compared to other paper modelers (and, unfortunately, outspoken as well). Here is a photo of me on a museum research trip. I had to jump the ropes while the docents were'nt looking and not put my weight (such as it is) on the running board of this Dodge Beep. Never mind the Havoc and Lightning in the background!

Old 12-12-2012, 10:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 210.47 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Meek View Post
Phil, anything that makes me look taller is good, as I stand 4'11"" in my stocking feet.
Peter,

It has been awhile since we used to hang out at IPMS Northrop, But I could swear you were taller )

Jim