PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 08-06-2013, 03:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 30.46 MB
Hello from Charlie

Hello, I was very pleased to find this forum and gladly request to join. I have always enjoyed making kits and items from wood or plastic; I am new to paper modeling. I am eager to learn because in addition to my own personal fun, I work with special needs middle-school aged students, and am always looking for things to share with them for their learning, skill-building, and entertainment pleasure.
Google Adsense
Old 08-06-2013, 03:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Welcome to the site. Check out the Tips and Tricks section for some good information. Ask questions too.

The Links tab at the upper right has some web sites with all kinds of paper models. The Downloads tab has a bunch of models to download which you will be able to access after you have made at least 10 posts.

Sharing models is always fun. Those receiving them are very pleased with the gift and in most cased amazed that it is a paper model. If one gets destroyed or severly damaged it can be reprinted and made again.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
These are great to do with kids and with older folks. Just make sure the skill level is appropriate or they tend to get frustrated. My neighbor's son has special needs, and I realized early that scissors is not his strong suit, but I have printed him off some of Somodi Zoltan's models for him to paint (using markers), and then we build 'his' buildings. Somodi Zoltán papírmakett
Old 08-06-2013, 04:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 30.46 MB
Thanks, Doug, I'll definitely be checking the Tips and Tricks, and thanks, V.K. Yes, I have noticed the scissors issue with my students too. We were building soda straw rockets in summer school, and I found it better to provide pre-cut pieces for assembly. That Somodi Zoltan link looks to have some great choices, thanks!
Old 08-06-2013, 04:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
Welcome......check out Cannons site they have some great models all free, and some would be great for younger first timer's........Rich

Paper Craft - Canon CREATIVE PARK
Old 08-08-2013, 07:24 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Welcome aboard! There are quite a few things you should be able to do with your students. Models and more. Take a look at the stomp rockets (tubes, fins, and maybe cones) for a bit of fun.

Bomarc (stomp) Missile with optional display detail
PaperModelers.com - Downloads - Basic Stomp Rocket and Launcher
PaperModelers.com - Downloads - Straw Rocket Launcher Plans and Activity Book

Yogi