PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 11-25-2013, 02:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
dont have the frames only photos i took while working on her and press photos.she has her own website at www.sscanberra.com
Old 11-25-2013, 03:09 PM

Thumbs up

just an overveiw
Attached Thumbnails
Ben from HMV-plan-profilecolour.jpg  
Old 11-26-2013, 09:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 219.9 KB
Wow .. we certainly have a perky herky.

When I last went looking for info on the Canberra a few years back there weren't anything like these drawings to be found.

@Ben
Welcome to the forum.
It depends on how accurate the deck plans are but I've started work to see if it's possible to extract sections from them, at least down to the waterline. I want to make my own model at 1:400 but it certainly won't be published or be in any way up to your standards or in competition with your design. Let me know if P&O don't come up with sections.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
What I've seen at www.sscanberra.com it is probably possible to do a 3D model from which I can get the frames. Even though I could start with this right away it has to wait a bit. There are some projects I have to do before I can get to the Canberra. Unfortunately .

But maybe I can start with the 3D model without my wife, Ulrike, noticing it
Old 11-26-2013, 11:16 AM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
Welcome to PaperModelers Ben.
I have the HMV Brandenburg.
It is a beautifully published piece of work.
Regards,
Mike
Google Adsense
Old 11-26-2013, 12:17 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Fentens View Post
What I've seen at www.sscanberra.com it is probably possible to do a 3D model from which I can get the frames. Even though I could start with this right away it has to wait a bit. There are some projects I have to do before I can get to the Canberra. Unfortunately .

But maybe I can start with the 3D model without my wife, Ulrike, noticing it
Hey ben no worries i have waited since 1982 for someone to do this .can wait awhile longer.perhaps we should club together to send your wife on holiday for awhile lol so you can sneak onto it.Another site i subscribe to that has heaps of photos is www.shipsnostalgia.com they have heaps of photos. also the airfix kit of canberra is still around i think .its not to bad as a working model.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:19 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Well this will be a project which won't be done within a few months. I've already seen that there's enough plans available to do this thing. When it comes to pictures I need EVERYTHING I can get my hands on. For Big E we took about 8,000 pictures on board and I have another 12,000 from various sources and I still think I could need more

Back to Canberra - do you have the frames somewhere? I haven't found them on the web yet. I can always ask P&O but if that's not necessary I'd appreciate it very much.
Just picked up on this post when re reading thread.Are you planning a USS enterprise model?
Old 11-26-2013, 01:43 PM

@Michael
Yes, Brandenburg is a beauty, isn't it? I think the title doesn't do justice to the model. Maruks Wiekowski who designed this nice model built a model of it - it's defnitely worth a look:
SMS Brandenburg
The Laserset for that ship is not yet done but I hope we'll publish it next year.

@herky
Ah, yes - sending her on holiday would be great for her - she deserves. Wouldn't go without me though. And she's the HMV boss so we'd have to do a petition for the Canberra at the boss - maybe that would help
Just kidding of course!

No, we're not planning the Big E. We're already working on it. 1/250 scale, underwater section is finished. Working on the hangar at the moment.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:57 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
@Michael
Yes, Brandenburg is a beauty, isn't it? I think the title doesn't do justice to the model. Maruks Wiekowski who designed this nice model built a model of it - it's defnitely worth a look:
SMS Brandenburg
The Laserset for that ship is not yet done but I hope we'll publish it next year.

@herky
Ah, yes - sending her on holiday would be great for her - she deserves. Wouldn't go without me though. And she's the HMV boss so we'd have to do a petition for the Canberra at the boss - maybe that would help
Just kidding of course!

No, we're not planning the Big E. We're already working on it. 1/250 scale, underwater section is finished. Working on the hangar at the moment.
thats great to hear.well between the enterprise and in the future canberra i need to look around to see what i can mortage to purchase these when they become availible.
Old 11-26-2013, 04:47 PM

Hello Ben and welcome!
It's great to have you in this forum. I'm a great fan of HMV models, I have built several and I have even more on the shelf waiting for their turn.

Regards,
Tommaso
- HMV EGV Berlin 1:250
Google Adsense