PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 06-23-2009, 11:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.68 GB
:D For the Voyager blueprint, I can share my source: The Yahoo Space Modelers group's Vault Archive (under the Files section).
space-modelers : Space Modelers Mailing List
One can find a lot of wonderful source material there, but it can take many passes to find everything. I highly recommend it for nearly anything you can imagine related to spacecraft.

Edit: If anyone decides to join the group, pay attention to the settings related to mailing frequency. These guys are very prolific, and you may rather browse the material yourself through the site instead of getting every message that's posted emailed to you. They can (and will occasionally) bury you under email if you let them.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:44 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Thanks J,
Have the link to that group - started to register but stopped when I started getting the third degree. Like to join the group - not merge with Yahoo.
Yogi
Old 06-23-2009, 10:54 PM

Yeah, I use an alternate e-mail myself. I love to browse the archives, but don't much feel like being assimilated. :D
First step is complete! Now I'm building the Voyager to go on top. I didn't notice any fit problems at all. Pardon my lack of edge coloring on the struts -- I ran out of my superfine Sharpie the other day. :o
Attached Thumbnails
'Nother new guy-dsc00061.jpg   'Nother new guy-dsc00063.jpg  
Old 06-24-2009, 07:42 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Looks great - nice work! I'm still debating various graphics - pix show the motor covered with silver (Al) insulation and the struts with gold foil. Your thoughts on graphics?

Yogi
Old 06-28-2009, 04:54 AM

I would say offer an alternative gold colored set of struts, and an alternative silver foil patterned body. I'm a big fan of choosing color schemes myself, and sometimes I prefer the look of the raw body without the covering sometimes, and sometimes the blanketed version. I know everyone has their preference.
Google Adsense