PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 06-16-2009, 09:42 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Lee... I'm LOVIN' your avatar :D what's your favourite version of this BEAUTIFUL BEAST ?
Old 06-16-2009, 11:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.06 GB
Quote:
Thank you all for the welcome.Tim the models I mostly make are bad ones! I tend toward the Sci-Fi ones although as a Hawker Typhoon fanatic I have hopes of building one when or if I can get some time to myself .
If you have seen Phil's models, there is no bad about them. Phil I didn't think the Typhoon was bad, but the Hurricane wins hands down in my books:p
Best wishes mate
Mick
Old 06-16-2009, 12:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 95.08 MB
I'm afraid I will have to ask you to step outside!
The Typhoon got a bad name at the start of her career just because the tail used to fall off,and the pilots were overcome by carbon monoxide the engines were prone to seizing and the vibrations were thought to make the pilots sterile but I mean all planes have there teething troubles,the Hurricanes paint used to scratch easily but no one holds that against them. Many of the pilots I have spoken too hold both the Hurri and the Tiffy in great affection both being stable gun platforms and able to take punishment.The Tempest V managed to get the aggressive look of the Typhoon with the speed and agility of the Spitfires.The Seafury got everything right.:D
Old 06-16-2009, 12:41 PM

Sorry Phil I ain't opening the door, let alone coming outside, I may be six foot, 17 stone and look like a brick out house (so she who must be obeyed tells me:p)but i am a pussycat really. I don't know of any tiffy paper models out ther, but GreMir Models does a superb Tempest, i bought it as soon as i saw it, but it is still out of my league. I will get there in the end though, practice, practice and more practice:D.Us Brits might not have much military equipment that is all ours in the modern world, but we sure knew how to build in the past.
Best wishes
Mick
Old 06-16-2009, 12:51 PM

I didn't say I was going to go outside as well I just said i was going to ask you to:D.I've seen a couple of Typhoons a Car door and a Bubble in the fact the car door version depicts Roland Beamont's who of course flew the undeniably gorgeous TSR2.I want to try a 1/24 scratch build but I need to sort a few things out first so I can concentrate on it.
Google Adsense
Old 06-16-2009, 02:15 PM

1/24th scale scratchbuild, WOW, now that i would love to see, i've just bought Nobi's 1/48th hurricane mk1 and ordered the Halinski 1/33rd.
That said i wish i had the ability to do the best of them all, the Mosqiuto:D.Fast, heavily armed and the most beautiful machine of all time
Old 06-16-2009, 02:45 PM

I was lucky to see the Mossie fly regularly at West Malling along with the BBMf Lancaster six Merlin's in a fly by,Now that is real Music!!!.Sadly we no longer have a flying Mosquito here, the Aerospace tragically crashing and the Strathallen machine going abroad.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:49 PM

Forgot to say of course the Mosquito was famously unarmed to start off with reallying on her incredible speed for protection.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:00 PM

I'm jealous Phil, Really jealous, I've only ever seen one at an airshow, many,many years ago. Yeah i know they were originally unarmed, but boy when they stuck guns, bombs and rockets on it. At Cosford they have a mossie and display the Molins gun with it, I'm surprised it didn't shake the plane apart when it fired, though i have read reports that the plane momentarily stopped when it did fire:D
Old 06-16-2009, 05:42 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Planes to be PROUD of guys :D and the Mossie is one of my favourites - 633 Squadron {the music is fantastic} and a great film.

Attached Thumbnails
Hi All-typhoon-front-3.jpg   Hi All-tirpitz3.jpg  

Last edited by peter taft; 06-16-2009 at 05:46 PM.
Google Adsense