PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 03:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 125.24 MB
Well, I couldn't stand to watch the train wreck over there anymore. I said my piece and got banned.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Well heres to a new home hey guys from zealot and new guys here look forward to my stay i imagine ill be banned in the next few days aswell
Old 06-14-2009, 03:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 23.60 MB
Same here, although I did ask for it. Have everyone else noticed they are not banning members they are just saying we are guests.

We could do with keeping this to one thread, it's over different threads and hard to keep track.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:32 PM

well actually it happend quicker my account is gone
Old 06-14-2009, 03:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.62 GB
I just attempted to ask sanjay a few questions in the recent events thread over there, and it was deleted before I could complete my post. The "Links allowed here" thread is also now locked. The last post from the shark says "Okay, I think we've discussed the purpose of tbetter of the this forum adequately. Have a link you want to share? Post it up." Where? he just shut down the thread.

Oh, well.

Scott K.

The spirit of Cardmodels.net lives here!
Google Adsense
Old 06-14-2009, 03:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.54 MB
Hi everyone,

Not new here, just got banned, (I think), because about one hour ago, I gave the two clowns a piece of my mind (below), and a few minutes ago, tried to read new messages, using the regular link, and the user-id not there...requested pwd did not work and also the link to the administrator, did not get me there. I'm on their black list:p

Quote:
To Sanjay and MaicoShark,

In my opinion, if you asked the members via a poll, if and how much money would they be willing to contribute (as annual membership) to support CG,
and make the site advertisements free, you could get more out of us.

Your current approach as you already realize, will only get you more revenues, by having one less forum to maintain. And CG will need less employees to handle fewer forums.

The whole card modeling business (designers, dealers) does'nt have that much money in it as you may think. Most of the designers and dealers operate their tiny businesses at night after their day job and it comes instead of their free time, and out of the love of the hobby, and there are those pirates (people who share digital card models with the rest of the world for free).

Please rethink your approach. this one will not get you any more revenues.

Who am I to suggest them a better approach
Reminds me my 6th grade year. Made fun of my teacher (a once in a life time joke) and he kicked me out of the class...

Moshe

Last edited by Moshe; 06-14-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:59 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
OK folks - I know whats going on there as well as anyone. I also know the some of the things being said are hogwash (about me) and that fine if it makes them feel better about what they are doing.

BUT (the great eraser)

I love the guys here at papermodelers. Every one of the crazies, nuts, loons (and thats just talking about me) They dont need to hear the spill over of the crap thats happening there. I know that most of the members here are likely also members there even if they dont chime in there very often. If they want to be involved then they can pop over but lets try to keep the Zealot chatter off here - at least the negative stuff.

Feel free to post you are a refugee (I think thats fine and there will likely be lots more before this is over) :D but I think it would be much more beneficial to the site to just say hello and let everyone know what you like and hope to contribute!

Also remember if you posted any free models over at Zealot Jason has a similar section here. Try and fill it up!
Chris

p.s. anyone wants a beer, I just bought a case here in Sun Prairie! In fact, I better go get one
Old 06-14-2009, 04:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 23.60 MB
I'll have a beer, email it me.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Smile

Thanks, Barx

Just got in on the refugee bird from Zealot...won't bother with a separate thread in the Welcome desk as there are bunch of refugee ones there already but, by way of introduction, I am a long term plastic guy who stumbled across paper modelling (yes, I am another of the two 'l' modellers) as part of a research project at work last year....am currently working on (fumbling with) the SPI BV P.170 enlarged up to 1/32, Air Classique Tiger Moths in 1/48, and Nobi's 1/48 XF-103...as with the 'other' media, my biggest problem is trying to keep procurement and production on ratio closer to 1:1...

I am really enjoying my sabbatical away from plastic and resin and having to learn and apply a whole new range of techniques (not anywhere where I can call them skills yet) - no more can I conceal a whoopsy under a bit of filler and paint...at this time of year I tend to model by the fire so that any problematic parts are recycled immediately and really enjoy being able to combine an old hobby of computer graphics (Coreldraw etc) with modelling...

I live in New Zealand, on the Central Plateau, overlooking the 8th Engineering Wonder of the World (to train spotters anyway), with (in order or importance) my wife, two big dogs, two goats, ten chickens and a lamb...

Simon
Old 06-14-2009, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulhbell View Post
I'll have a beer, email it me.
Chris, you have my permission to email my Guinness to Paul...lol
What am I saying? Paul, you can download it yourself! lolX2

Google Adsense
Closed Thread