PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 06-14-2009, 09:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Considering the BS that he's spewing, I would guess he's the one that pruned the forum in order to concoct a reason to get rid of moderators.

Who is this guy anyways??? Does he even know ANYTHING about the members there? Cripes, the pirates were treated nicer than the people who designed FREE models.

Anyhow... that which does not destroy you, makes you stronger. This forum just got stronger.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stev0 View Post
Considering the BS that he's spewing, I would guess he's the one that pruned the forum in order to concoct a reason to get rid of moderators.

Who is this guy anyways??? Does he even know ANYTHING about the members there? Cripes, the pirates were treated nicer than the people who designed FREE models.

Anyhow... that which does not destroy you, makes you stronger. This forum just got stronger.
I think he is just a paid body to do CG's bidding. Do a google search for his user name and you will find more forums where he is doing the same...or better yet, go to the CG website and click on the community forums button that lists all the forums run by CG, there of course, you can click into those forums and see his name all over the place...posting the same garbage.

But, no, I don't think he even knew anything about the members there. I for one am grateful for all the model designers that do make available free models. I am one of the select few who does not have disposible income for models....but I am hoping to have that change in the near future with a raise which will become my model fund....but first, my skills need to improve:o.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 53.69 MB
I have to address the idea of blaming the moderators;

I was a moderator on the site, I left/booted this morning. As such I could check on "deleted posts" and such. The deletions were by Sanjay and Shark (sounds like a bad lawyer or comedy team) and only them. They said deleted posts were "advertising" (checked, no ads in deleted posts), "nonsense" (checked, seemed to make sense to me, "spam" (checked, no spam), and a couple claimed to be rude (checked, maybe on some, others just asking why?). So don't believe it when they blame disgruntled moderators, most may be disgruntled but they have more honor than that!
Old 06-14-2009, 10:22 PM

My $0.02,

If you are being of service to your fellow man you cannot fail, whether you charge for your valuable product or give it for free.

If you are driven only by financial gain, you have lost your fellows and therefore failed by alienating yourself from those who would have supported you.

Old 06-14-2009, 10:25 PM

Yeah ... I did a search and I have to admit it. This guy is an admin on a bunch of forums 'trying' to look like he fits in. He's boasting on how he was able to turn some forums around.

I guess it's his objective to get rid of people who do not put $$$ in his pocket for their models.
Google Adsense
Old 06-14-2009, 10:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
Gives new meaning to hostile take over.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.62 GB
I don't ^$#^$%@@!!! believe it!! That %$@#@ just banned me for sending him a PM asking him to remove my Bender files from the download area!

Sorry, Rick, I just had to vent.

Scott K.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott K View Post
The shark has also implied in another thread that the departing staff members have done damage before leaving....

Scott K.
I saw that, too! That was a really a cheap shot, and a very revealing comment.

The Z___t meltdown has been an object study in how not to moderate a forum. It's very fortunate that this fine venue is here as an alternative.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:14 PM

Surely HE has a boss. Time to start flooding their inbox with examples of what kind of jackbooted thug this guy is.

Community killer.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 122.42 MB
Send a message via AIM to Paragon Send a message via MSN to Paragon Send a message via Yahoo to Paragon
So, just to clarify, they started a lot of the bans on those of us who offered free models, thinking that links to our websites was hurting their ad revenue. They also failed to realize that said modelers were a major draw for traffic on the card modeling forum, and actually helped increase their ad revenue.

Predictions: soon, as the ad revenue continues to plummet on Zealot's card modeling section, they will decide to can the forum altogether, instead of contacting the banned members and apologizing.

Its really sad, I liked Zealot a lot.
Google Adsense