PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 06-16-2009, 05:19 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott View Post
Ahhh. The joy that comes from being enlightened. I'd thought that if Fandersons were everywhere perhaps I should get out the vacuum cleaner or bug spray or something. :D

F.A.B.
Ah ah :D S.I.G
Old 06-16-2009, 05:56 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
OK. My B.A.D. :o:p
Old 06-16-2009, 08:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
While sitting in the study this morning, waiting for my wife to update her CV for a job interview (anyone coming through National Park and wants to know where to eat, drop me a PM...) I pulled the 1967 Captain Scarlet Annual off the shelf for a browse....enough this this book is some 40+ years old, I still love the stories and now, with my paper modelling interest, look at the machines, many of which never featured in the TV series, in a whole new light. I am still working on the conceptual shift from plastic to paper in terms of design but would really like to contribute something back to the forum once I get a little more time to tutu with Sketchup, and some of the other design tools...one of the (hopefully) simple design that caught my eye was the Super Octane tanker from the last story in the book.

There are also a number of handy cutaways of Spectrum machines that might help out with additional detailing of some of Mr Pilsworth's creations...
Attached Thumbnails
Hi, I'm Simon...-captain-scarlet-super-octane-tanker.jpg  
Old 06-17-2009, 02:58 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Hi SJ. I do hope you manage to get back to all that :D any chance of you scanning some of the images from the book and show them on the Thunderbird or Stingray thread for us all to have a ponder over PLEEEEEZE :D

Last edited by peter taft; 06-17-2009 at 03:36 AM. Reason: update
Old 06-17-2009, 04:44 AM

Hi Peter, got your PM too - should be able to do some on the weekend as I am expected to go back to work tomorrow after my mandatory three day stand-down just in case I had come down with bad bugs...unless the ice closes all the roads tomorrow (my route to work was the only one open today)...will see what gems I can drag up + possibly some from the Trigan Empire if I can find my Look and Learns...
Google Adsense
Old 06-17-2009, 05:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 95.08 MB
TRIGAN EMPIRE!!!!!
OH PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put them up.I have one album and somewhere I have several Look and Learns with it in.I thought I was the only one that knew about it,except for the guy that keeps out bidding me on E-Bay for them
Old 06-17-2009, 07:37 PM

I picked up four vols (about 12 to a vol) of LnL a couple of years ago on Trademe - our equivalent of ebay which never really got a foothold here) - just for nostalgia because all my ones from school days got binned years ago - the guy offered me others but at the time I thought I had enough to satisy my need. They're not all in sequence but there are at least a couple of complete stories - will see what I can do...
Old 06-18-2009, 04:21 AM

Gixergs, try googling Trigan Empire - I don't think you will be disappointed with what you find...I wasn't...am a bit naffed that the bound volumes are 50 euros a pop though, seems a bit blatant...still people seem to be paying it...