PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 03-21-2021, 01:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 50.19 MB
Papercuts

Hi, hope you are all in a permanent state of peachy keen and neat-o.
I originally came here to ask how I might treat my most dire of ailments........ paper cuts.
I then saw all these wonderful models. Apparently they are made of nothing but paper and dreams! I had no idea. So in spite of not finding a cure for my malady, I decided to join the club and try to find a paper model of the "Interceptor" from Gerry Anderson's UFO tv series.
I keep seeing models for them on google but the links are always dead so any help is much appreciated!
Be forever swell, but not swollen.
-ST
Google Adsense
Old 03-21-2021, 09:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Check the Downloads section and use the Search tool. You should be able to find what you are looking for
Old 03-21-2021, 03:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
Hello, ST.
Old 03-21-2021, 03:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 29.59 MB
Welcome! Bold choice for a first model to make! If you are not real familiar with paper modeling, may want to start simple and work your way up a bit
Old 03-21-2021, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin_King View Post
Check the Downloads section and use the Search tool. You should be able to find what you are looking for
Thanks for the info, but I havent been able to find anything other than pictures of peoples current builds.
On the main forum menu all i see is "Stuff from the internet". Is there a different section for downloads Im missing?
Thanks
Google Adsense
Old 03-21-2021, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip View Post
Hello, ST.
Hello there!
Old 03-21-2021, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCory View Post
Welcome! Bold choice for a first model to make! If you are not real familiar with paper modeling, may want to start simple and work your way up a bit
Hi, and yes you are right, it does look very small and tricky so if I did try that one, Id definitely enlarge the pieces to make it easier to see and cut.
I've seen a few different Interceptor paper models on google, but the best one looks like it was done by someone named Uhu? That one is being sold on ebay but I don't know if thats legit or not so I didn't want to get one until I found out more about the status of the design and if its free or pirated?

I was hoping there was a simpler version of the interceptor here that I could practice with but I haven't found anything yet.
Would you happen to have the template or know where on here I could find one that's not violating anyone's copyright?
Im not sure how that all works on here and dont want to step on any toes.
Old 03-21-2021, 08:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.71 GB
If you are new to the forum, you need at least 10 posts before you can download. Just surf through various threads and make a few comments. At top of home window, you'll find the Downloads tab. Search box "Interceptor" and you will find several references. I think you will find Gary Pilsworth's model, available for download here, is what you are looking for.
Old 03-21-2021, 08:16 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadly Temporary View Post
Hi, and yes you are right, it does look very small and tricky so if I did try that one, Id definitely enlarge the pieces to make it easier to see and cut.
I've seen a few different Interceptor paper models on google, but the best one looks like it was done by someone named Uhu? That one is being sold on ebay but I don't know if thats legit or not so I didn't want to get one until I found out more about the status of the design and if its free or pirated?

I was hoping there was a simpler version of the interceptor here that I could practice with but I haven't found anything yet.
Would you happen to have the template or know where on here I could find one that's not violating anyone's copyright?
Im not sure how that all works on here and dont want to step on any toes.
Unfortunately, any of UHU02's kits you come across on Ebay or various other online vendor sites are pirated models.
If you were to buy a kit on ebay, the print quality will be poor, and the paper printed on is just regular copier paper, not card stock or some heavier weight paper that we use.

If you visit the top right corner of the forum(on any page) and click on the Downloads tab, you can download and print to your heart's content.
the beauty of paper models, especially the digital downloads, if you mess up, you can print the page again, and start again.

Any other questions, just ask, someone more than likely will have an answer for you

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 03-21-2021, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyTedly View Post
If you are new to the forum, you need at least 10 posts before you can download. Just surf through various threads and make a few comments. At top of home window, you'll find the Downloads tab. Search box "Interceptor" and you will find several references. I think you will find Gary Pilsworth's model, available for download here, is what you are looking for.
Thanks for the info! I actually found Gary's amazing list of downloads on this site. He had every great Gerry Anderson vehicle I was looking for except the Interceptor.
I thought I might have missed it but I looked through the list several times and didnt see it.

I figured Id sign up and contact him through here but since you mentioned it I thought Id ask as long as we were talking.

The weird thing is I was able to download a few models and that was before I even signed up to the forum. Any idea how that was allowed? I hope I didnt unknowingly break any rules!
Google Adsense