PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 10-06-2022, 09:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 699.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTraveller View Post
Glad to see a fellow Texan! I'm from Sugar Land, a southwest suburb of Houston, so, you know, couple hundred miles away. But, I've got family near Mopac and 734, so I get out that way on occasion. You'll have to let me know if there's any paper model places or events near you I should try to get to.
We moved to Lago Vista from Sugar Land in 2014, when we both retired for good. We lived just off Jess Pirtle and Main St., across the drainage ditch from St Theresa's Catholic Church.

Joe Teakell also lives in the North Austin area, Cedar Park or Georgetown, I think.

Joe likes space models-rockets.
I design and build papermodel tanks, artillery, aircraft and ships.

I don't know of any papermodeling places or events in the area...yet.
Wayne
Old 10-06-2022, 11:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemac View Post
We moved to Lago Vista from Sugar Land in 2014, when we both retired for good. We lived just off Jess Pirtle and Main St., across the drainage ditch from St Theresa's Catholic Church.

Joe Teakell also lives in the North Austin area, Cedar Park or Georgetown, I think.

Joe likes space models-rockets.
I design and build papermodel tanks, artillery, aircraft and ships.

I don't know of any papermodeling places or events in the area...yet.
Wayne
Well, small world indeed. Since '04, we've lived on the other side of 59, near Williams Trace & Lexington, just across Oyster Creek across from Sugar Creek Country Club. I used to roll through your old neighborhood regularly when I was a C.A.S.T. volunteer with the SLPD.

My interest at the moment has been piqued by sci-fi space craft, but there are definitely real rockets, tanks, ships, and planes I'll want to build as I get more into it. LM-7 Aquarius, Comet tank, Armidale class patrol boat, and, as someone who used to fly, a hangar full of planes come immediately to mind.

And I'd like to design models too, though I'd be on much shakier ground there. What few CAD skills I may still possess are no doubt rusted hulks by now. All in good time though.
Old 10-07-2022, 04:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 133.91 MB
Hello Joe,
welcome from Italy!