PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 01-07-2024, 04:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hello Everyone!

I am new to the forum, but have been building paper models for years. I just experimented and figured it out for myself, with many, many mistakes along the way! I am currently building the "Spirited Away" Diorama, and having now finished all of the smaller dwellings in it, I am starting the mammoth Bath House kit, the biggest unit of the diorama (and the last one left to build). So I am taking a second look at glues and bumped into this forum. I have my favorites glues (UHU for slower drying and Tombow for faster drying) which survived my experiments and builds, but I am always willing to learn new tricks and try new tools/glues. I am in Colorado, at 6500 feet, which is very dry, so I have no issues with moisture and warping, thankfully! Hey, there has to be some advantages counterweight the nose bleeds, lol!
Google Adsense
Old 01-08-2024, 03:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
Welcome to the forum from across the pond.
Old 01-08-2024, 03:51 PM

Welcome from Sunny Florida!..
Old 01-08-2024, 04:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 136.69 MB
I love Studio Ghibli and would be very keen to see your diorama. I may have seen pictures of the kit you are building elsewhere.
Old 01-08-2024, 06:19 PM

Thank you for the welcome! The kit I JUST started 2 days ago (jan 6) is SANKEI kit# MK07-10. I like to go thru the entire instruction sheet first (in this case, 3 books!) highlighting all the windows and translating some warnings (from japanese). I prefer to cut all the window plastic up front and tape the pieces to the location on the instruction sheet where they will be used. This way I get the tedious part out of the way and I just need to cut parts out, glue and build (if you are not familiar, Sankei kits are all laser cut from cardstock, so you get sprues of paper). For this kit, I decided to spend time translating ALL the text first, as one mistake could compound over the next and make the fit very poor at the end. That is where I am now - Google Translating the FIRST instruction book and then I will be cutting plastic windows until the cows come home, hahaha! If you want to see all the dwellings already built, I can post a pic. I just put them away in the cabinet to keep them out of reach of the cat, who loves to push them out of the diorama.(Come to think of it, I do not think we can post pictures here, can we?)
Google Adsense
Old 01-08-2024, 06:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Welcome to the Forum!!