PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 04-26-2010, 12:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
My formal introduction

Well I'm not exactly new but I have yet to say hi and all.

I found paper modeling online, I guess I wandered into it like a lost tourist. As a hardcore aviation buff, old plastic modeler and recently paying with RC models, I started looking for plans to build Mustangs. Some how I found Myself lurking these forums. I have to admit I have been in some shady places.

At first I didn't really know allot about You guys or what was going on here but I was amased by some of the models that I came across. The more I learned the more interested I became. Over the last few years I have learned free models arent always free, Many are streight up stolen.

I have also realized I want to be a part of this comunity, I have been messing about with meta, gimp and paint.net. I will be hopefully releasing some repaints at Chrises site soon.

I want ot thank those of You who have tought Me many tricks just by sharing Yours. And hope to contribute to this great groupe in the near future.

Mike
Google Adsense
Old 04-26-2010, 12:56 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Welcome Mike what kind of stuff are you working on? Give us some info!
Chris
Old 04-26-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgutzmer View Post
Welcome Mike what kind of stuff are you working on? Give us some info!
Chris
Thanks Chris,
To be honest I seem to do recolors more than anything. This is probably due to My lack of experience in many other areas. I was a finish carpenter for years and built pl***ic models from the age of five. My skills with the airbrush lend well to gimp's airbrush ap and turns out one can render nice weathed effects fairly effectivly. I like schemes that look "pretty" don't get Me wrong history is AWESOME! But My love of aircraft has always been as much about form as function. In other words I can be shallow:D.

Now this is not all I have beeen screwing with. I have been playing with metasaquia as many here know. And as many also know it has been a slow going lesson for Me. But I think I'm improving and hope to turn out a completed scale Extra 300s before too long.

One thing I can say is I am a Father of three very small kids. I will soon be the Father of four very small children!!! I AM BUSY!!! If I ever get time to do My thing, it is short lived and I do what I can.... but thank GOD I somehow find time to play with this hobby!!

Thanks again Chris...................................Mike
Old 04-26-2010, 01:44 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Welcome aboard and enjoy yourself, that is the name of the game. Hope to see some of your repaints in the future. See you around in the forums.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 70.75 MB
Send a message via MSN to Lex
I guess even before this post Mike has trolled enough to be known by all of us... :D Formal welcome then!
Google Adsense
Old 04-26-2010, 02:47 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Forum, may I present Mike. Mike, the forum. Pleased to meet you.

Yogi (with a precise bow so as not to upset my libation)
Old 04-26-2010, 03:43 PM

Don't feel too bad Mike. This Mike waited until his second anniversary before making his first post on the forum (check my join date).

Glad you finally came clean!

Mike
Old 04-27-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomarc View Post
Don't feel too bad Mike. This Mike waited until his second anniversary before making his first post on the forum (check my join date).

Glad you finally came clean!

Mike
I noticed this in Your profile. I gotta say I find My self gazing in awww at Your Mitchelle project! You do some serious modeling to say the least.

Thanks again Guys!