PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Zio Prudenzio Contest

Old 05-26-2011, 09:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
ZP Kubelwagon 1/72

Like a number of us here, I'm thrilled to see Zio Prudenziati's models available again. I decided to try and combine my current phase of small scale African Campaign building with one of ZP's kits, the Afrika Korps kubelwagon. This was somewhat ambitious of me as the original 1/35 kit has some small parts that become hard to see at 1/72. I should have printed out a second copy of the kit on normal paper as opposed to trying to build these tiny pieces in 110lb stock.
I didn't take many photos along the way, so I'll just post these;
ZP Kubelwagon 1/72-img_4793.jpgZP Kubelwagon 1/72-img_4794.jpgZP Kubelwagon 1/72-img_4796.jpg
Typical of the process was rolling these 1/32" tail pipes;
ZP Kubelwagon 1/72-img_4798.jpg
I wound up abandoning a few pieces for sanity's sake and despite a number of misalignments the finished model is... ok.
ZP Kubelwagon 1/72-img_4799.jpgZP Kubelwagon 1/72-img_4800.jpgZP Kubelwagon 1/72-img_4803.jpgZP Kubelwagon 1/72-img_4804.jpg
I should mention that I also lightened the kit, not because it needed it but I wanted this model to be in the same value range as the others I've been doing.
Chris
Google Adsense
Old 05-26-2011, 10:05 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Very nice Chris. I see you have remembered a couple of lessons I too learned the hard way. When
down scaling, using a thinner stock/paper for rolled items, and also lightening the color when printing
to allow for what we call "scale effect".

Very nicely done on a model that is not large even at 1/35.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 05-26-2011, 10:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
More than "okay." It's a little gem.

The exhaust pipe is an accomplishment!

Don
Old 05-26-2011, 10:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
Thanks guys. ZP also provides a sheet of upgrade parts with this kit that include a closed top and much more detailed wheels. I'm tempted to try this version at 1/72 with a thin paper copy for these tough parts. That and a new prescription for my glasses!
Chris
Old 05-26-2011, 11:04 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Nice job in a tiny scale. When you need to form tiny parts, and you don't want to print out another copy on bond (ink is almost as expensive per gallon as gasoline), try delaminating the cardstock. Cut the part overlarge, and tease the layers of paper apart with a scalpel. Once you get a good "ear" going, pull it the rest of the way apart with tweazers - voila! Instant thin paper. Then just cut away the kerf and you're good to go.
Google Adsense