PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Zio Prudenzio Contest

Old 05-27-2011, 03:17 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Prudenzio Zara

23 pages of parts in this kit and well I got 17 printed before epsom gave that light that tells you buy ink please. then stopped doing anything in the middle of the page so I suppose it is more a case of hey man you trying to wreck our minds in epsom. I figure 17 pages will give a start on it till i buy ink anyway what i can see i can get a fair bit done with what is printed. I also got a few kits printed but will do a thread on them individually. but this is going to be the biggie. I may not start building this till got the others done anyway but the planes don't look like they take to long to build.
Attached Thumbnails
Prudenzio Zara-gedc0026.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 05-27-2011, 06:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
This will be really fascinating to watch. I had the temptation to try this one also; glad you've taken it on and I'll be following closely. From the photos on the site, it looks like this builds into a beautiful model.
Chris
Old 05-27-2011, 06:39 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjwalas View Post
This will be really fascinating to watch. I had the temptation to try this one also; glad you've taken it on and I'll be following closely. From the photos on the site, it looks like this builds into a beautiful model.
Chris
that is what got me to think of it and why not try my first ship build with this one my cutty sark got messed up by my unwanted guests the mice last year. I figured no point in risking getting sick touching a model that had mouse doo doo on it so went in the bin. the photos on the site really do make it look super this. judging by the former it be pretty big as well who knows get it finished and put into a hobby shop as a display but that is the future I wanna see more people get into this hobby in Ireland its my little goal. So far got some school into it a bit for school projects they go to canon for kits to build. a start anyway.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 129.82 MB
Good afternoon, doctormax!

Zio Prudenzio's "Zara" is a good choice for trying your hand at a ship. Although I'm not sure if it's in 1/200 as stated (the lifeboats do look somehow exaggerated), this model is attractive and not too complicated. So, I'm looking forward to your building report.

Kind regards -
Papercaptain
Old 05-28-2011, 06:26 AM
Eternal Member

Hi guys the ship is under construction. due to the size of my build table a bit of planning is gong to be needed really. the model is near twice the length of my build table and the other table is not much bigger but i will figure a way around the table problem when i need to. right now I just continue on the build. the only large flat surface i can find right now in the flat is the wall i think i go looking in a skip for some long bid of wood later on doesn't need to be to wide just a bit longer. another think i don't think need to lamenate the slit for parts to fit in is pretty tight with the card i am using no idea do it it will work out well that for building on top of but if it works good if not then it could be a problem
Attached Thumbnails
Prudenzio Zara-gedc0491.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0474.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 05-28-2011, 07:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 129.82 MB
Good afternoon, doctormax!

Methinks your next step should be building a bigger working table

When I had the same problem, I had a look around in the neighbourhood, where there were some shops going to be renovated (read: demolished first). And there was the solution: A big piece of a shop window's glass, ~ 4' x 2' and 1/2'' thick (120 x 60 x 1,2 cm). It took me just a package of cigarettes to salvage it from being broken...and of course some smoothing of the edges later. And now it rests on two foldable legs when needed, if not, it's flattened against the wall.

You cold do something similar by using plywood (~ 6 to 8 mm), framing it with 20 x 30 mm ledges and then putting his upon your normal table or screwing it along the wall to fold down when not used.

Kind regards -
Papercaptain
Old 05-29-2011, 11:04 AM
Eternal Member

well found a bit a wood and done a bit more work on the frame the big question do is coming up
Attached Thumbnails
Prudenzio Zara-gedc0492.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0493.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0494.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0495.jpg  
Old 05-29-2011, 11:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
Moving along quickly! How do you like this kind of frame? I've never built a model using this system, but I hear it's easier than reinforced formers.
Chris
Old 05-29-2011, 11:25 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjwalas View Post
Moving along quickly! How do you like this kind of frame? I've never built a model using this system, but I hear it's easier than reinforced formers.
Chris
I think now it would have been easier to just cut and do the center spine first onto what is the base and then the spurs out from that. i found that a bit akward to be honest after doing the spine and them spurs first. So that be my learning experience on this method. glue parts for base first then do the cuts and bending and gluing of center spine in place. then when that is done start on them spurs. should i call them spurs are ribs i suppose ribs be the better term. its going to take up a lot of the room in this bedsit of mine. i am guessing here but its over a meter long and i reckon it be about seven inches high when finished right now maybe a little less maybe a bit more will find that out in time do.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:29 AM
Eternal Member

Coming along well Max

Google Adsense