PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Zoo

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2013, 08:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 103.90 MB
Canon Elephant

Last spring, after a day at USAHEC in Carlisle, PA displaying paper models (Don Boose can fill in the details), the Usual Suspects (in this part of the world) were having the traditional very pleasant dinner at the White Elephant restaurant afterward, when the idea arose that "we" should build a paper elephant model to present to the restaurant next year as a way of thanking them for their hospitality. All eyes turned in my direction (I may not be a very good modeler, but I will tackle unusual subjects), and I yielded to persuasion. Hence, my build thread commences on Canon's African Elephant.

Tonight I cut out the first two pieces, constituting the head and mouth, and got them glued together. Those two pieces were all that was on the first page. My main reaction at this point, after having built a few of Canon's critters, is that this fella is gonna be BIG. I'm estimating he'll be about 10" tall. Build techniques seem to be typical for Canon so far -- lots of darts to shape the compound curves. The smallest part is about the size of a dime, so at least there won't be any teensy fiddly bits. Large fiddly bits perhaps, but no teensy ones.

The next subassembly is the trunk. More to follow.

P.S. Airdave, don't look at the background models.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GEDC0253.jpg (232.0 KB, 172 views)
Google Adsense